• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Instructors at MT Snow

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
I was just offered (and accepted) the use of a ski in ski out condo at Mt. Snow. I most likely will take a couple of lessons. Does anyone have any recommendations for instructors?

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just offered (and accepted) the use of a ski in ski out condo at Mt. Snow. I most likely will take a couple of lessons. Does anyone have any recommendations for instructors?

I whitewater paddle with Dave Su. He is a whitewater paddling instructor in the summer and a ski instructor in the winter at Mt. Snow. Great guy. Particularly if you are a technical person and want to geek out a bit.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
My excellent adventure...so far

I arrived at Mount Snow Sunday evening to a very nice condo, got up early Monday morning and walked around to get familiar. I’ve never gone skiing by myself for multiple days at a completely unknown place. I tend to be shy around people I don’t know, and I’m not one of those people that can just strike up a conversation. I go out for my first run, and it’s a bit foggy, but not too bad. By the time I got off the lift I couldn’t see my hand in front of my face, never mind read the trail markers...so I found one that was the color green and started skiing, and was pleasantly surprised that I hadn’t forgotten everything I ever knew! I had scheduled a group lesson, thinking that mid week, this early in the season, how big could the group be, right? Well, it turned out to be a group of one, just me...Score!!!! Had a really good lesson, when I asked at the end of the lesson if he was going to be giving the same lesson the next day, and he said no, I said I was disappointed, as I thought the continuity of multiple lessons with the same instructor was good, we exchanged contact info, as he said he would check and see if he could work something out, which he did, so I guess I have now bought myself a private.
Then this morning, I woke up to this....
5F4DBB50-59D7-44AA-9DE4-2302D59D53F8.jpeg
The only issue now is there is no power on the mountain, so no lifts running until around 10:00. But my lesson isn’t until 11:00 so everything should work out ok.
And I found out, when eating dinner at the bar last night (eating by myself...another first, usually I would just bring food back to the room) I found out there is a PSIA instructors clinic going on for the next couple of days, and spoke to an instructor from Elk in PA, and one from a small hill in MD! This is fun!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
right now the power is going in and out at the condo. Hopefully they will get it straightened out before the lesson.

Gratefulgal

Certified Ski Diva
I happen to work at Mount Snow, and can recommend any one of our great instructors!
I just went out for the first time today, and it was awesome. I'm a teacher in our Pre-K/Child care program on the mountain and we had no school because of the power outage, that never has happened, they said.

Anyway, if you're still around or will be coming back it would be great to meet up for a run!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Oh no, I am leaving in the morning. I have skied the last 4 days,and had some really good lessons with Doug Reddy. I friend has a share in a condo here, and this was her week and no one was able to come, so it was offered to me when she found out I was planning a few days in VT. If I come back, I will definitely contact you. It would have been fun to meet up. Weren’t conditions terrific today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly