• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Instructor Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't been on the forum in ages. I've been insanely busy, working 7 days a week, coming home late and going straight to bed.
But I've been extra busy because....I took the ITC at my home mountain. I am officially a ski instructor.

Let me pause here, in disbelief.

I just opened the forum and saw this thread. I'm scrolling through it, looking at everyone's impressive accomplishments...and feeling a bit inadequate! Ok, maybe a lot inadequate.

If you would have told me 4 years ago that I'd be not only a skier, but an instructor, I wouldn't have believed you.

I know I'm still new. I know I have an amazing amount to learn, not just for my personal skiing, but for teaching. I'm not a 'great' skier, but I'm really proud of what I've been able to accomplish on a short time. And I'm now a part of an amazing group of skiers, all of whom are encouraging and supportive. They hold clinics every weekend before open, so we can work on our own skiing. Everyone has been amazing informative, happy to share knowledge.

The last few weekends have been incredible. Challenging. Intimidating. But so rewarding.

I taught a 10 year old girl last weekend, she only spoke Spanish. My.spanish isn't great, but we were able to communicate. By the end of our 90 minutes, she was turning, stopping, but most importantly, she had this grin on her face thay reminded me of the one I had the day I bought my first horse.

I find the adults to be even more rewarding. They come with tension and nervousness, and I feel like I have a special appreciation for that, because I also learned as an adult. We don't bounce anymore! It is such a thrill to start with people that are so unsure and end with them making slow controlled turns, and smiling the whole time.

Thanks for reading this far, letting me babble. I probably seem silly...still so inexperienced compared to all of you. But I am so incredibly excited to continue on this journey.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't been on the forum in ages. I've been insanely busy, working 7 days a week, coming home late and going straight to bed.
But I've been extra busy because....I took the ITC at my home mountain. I am officially a ski instructor.

Let me pause here, in disbelief.

Thanks for reading this far, letting me babble. I probably seem silly...still so inexperienced compared to all of you. But I am so incredibly excited to continue on this journey.
Congrats and don't apologize. Babbling, aka sharing stoke and experience is another fun part of being a lover of mountains, skiing and helping others enjoy it too. Best job in the world!

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you!
I had an awesome personal ski day yesterday and am already looking forward to this weekend.
I may not be the best skier and I'm certainly a newbie instructor, but I feel like I'm supposed to be doing this.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Is there anyone on the forum who teaches at Stowe? Thinking of taking some lessons when I'm there for Diva East 2017.

EasternSkiBum

Certified Ski Diva
Don't know what took me so long to join this board... I've been lurking around and occasionally posting at Epic for a long time. I'm a part time PSIA Level II alpine instructor with 24 years of teaching experience at Liberty Mountain, PA. I specialize in teaching adults especially those that have been away from the sport for awhile ( the "lapsed" skier). I also know personally the anxiety and challenges that come with returning to the sport after injury and I understand the anxiety that coming into the sport "older" and wiser brings. Hey it's smart to not want to get injured... something we rarely thought about when we were young. I teach never-evers to advanced skiers with a focus on technique, tactics, and having fun.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
I was recently searching here for an instructor who teaches at Mount Snow, and missed her post. I thought it might be more helpful to make a spreadsheet and list the instructors by state and mountain. A lot of the posts were quite old, and many stated that they were working on getting certified at the next level. I listed the levels at the current level when you posted, so, please feel free to let me know if you have a new certification and I will change it, as well as anything else that has changed or I got wrong.

Attachments

• Diva Ski Instructors.pdf
    29.4 KB · Views: 45

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you! So fun to see who's where doing what. Makes me want to travel around amd ski new places more.

Fingers crossed I'll get to add USSA level 200 coach at the end of my current trip to CO. Though, it's one of a long list of ski certs...so no need to add or update.

Tvan

Angel Diva
This is great, @Mary Tee ! Thanks for taking the time to pull this together.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Thanks. I am now at Sunday River and I am a Level 3.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Thanks for the updates. I will make the changes tomorrow when I get to work as I don’t have excel at home.

Jilly

Staff member
More for you:

Skimomma24 is at Mont Pakenham
Lizzy is at Batawa Ski Hill, L1
Lady_Salina is at WB L3

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for putting this together! You can add me to the list. Blue Hills Ski Area, Massachusetts. Level 1 (and 3/4ths)

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Ok, here is the updated list. Thanks so much for taking the time to update/correct the list. It really wasn't too time consuming, and I am just geeky enough to enjoy stuff like this! I know some of you have multiple certifications/specialties, but I only included the PSIA (or Canadian counterpart) level.
Let me know if you think I should expand that.
@marymack let me know when 3/4 becomes 2 so i can make the change!

Attachments

• Diva Ski Instructors.pdf
    29.9 KB · Views: 31

Leslie Hall

Diva in Training
I was recently searching here for an instructor who teaches at Mount Snow, and missed her post. I thought it might be more helpful to make a spreadsheet and list the instructors by state and mountain. A lot of the posts were quite old, and many stated that they were working on getting certified at the next level. I listed the levels at the current level when you posted, so, please feel free to let me know if you have a new certification and I will change it, as well as anything else that has changed or I got wrong.

Hi Mary!
I have just moved back to NYS and will be teaching at Windham Mountain, NY. Thank you for compiling this list! Leslie Hall

Marigee

Angel Diva
Don't know what took me so long to join this board... I've been lurking around and occasionally posting at Epic for a long time. I'm a part time PSIA Level II alpine instructor with 24 years of teaching experience at Liberty Mountain, PA. I specialize in teaching adults especially those that have been away from the sport for awhile ( the "lapsed" skier). I also know personally the anxiety and challenges that come with returning to the sport after injury and I understand the anxiety that coming into the sport "older" and wiser brings. Hey it's smart to not want to get injured... something we rarely thought about when we were young. I teach never-evers to advanced skiers with a focus on technique, tactics, and having fun.

I'm a patroller at Whitetail - know quite a few on the patrol at Liberty. We should meet up sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna