• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Instant Pot

Jenny

Angel Diva
Never cooked them before. Just saw that the link you posted had a crockpot version, too and wondered if they were better one way or the other. I like using my crockpot, too.

newboots

Angel Diva
If the IP is fuller then you can get liquid and semi-solid stuff shooting out in quick release. Quite charming.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If the IP is fuller then you can get liquid and semi-solid stuff shooting out in quick release. Quite charming.

Maybe this is why I've never had this issue. It's just me and my husband so even the big batches I make aren't all that big. Pretty standard b/c they'll last a long time for just us. I don't have a huge IP, just the mid-range size, but I don't think I've ever filled it more than halfway up the metal insert.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Pasta is one of the biggest burbling quick release culprits, but it is so easy to make it fast in the IP with no attention. I find adding a little olive oil or butter to the cooking water really helps. The Instant Pot brand cookbooks and Skinnytaste recipes are go-tos for us. My MIL traded me her NEW large IP with an air fryer lid option for my USED 6qt... the air fryer/IP combo is great for chicken wings, y’all. SO easy and so good.

seastraight

Certified Ski Diva
I looked through Milk Street Fast and Slow cookbook - it seems pasta and rice type dishes have to use quick release, but the meat and bean recipes use the natural release and only use quick release at the end to get rid of any remaining steam. And, by the way, if you are a fan of brown rice, the IP is the way to go. Usually takes 1 1/2 hours in my fancy rice cooker, but down to 10-15 minutes in my IP.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I have found that if I let it natural release for about 10 minutes and then move to the quick release it's not at all the volcano of stuff coming out with the steam.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly