• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

In need of advice

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This upcoming season I will have a very full SKI day on Wednesdays, and I need some advice on how to organize my time. I will get up at 4:00am, leave the house at 5:00 (just can't move fast that early in the am, plus I need my coffee and breakfast) and arrive at the mountain at 6:30am (assuming I'm trucking it). I'll gear up and appear at the lift at 7:00 (takes me forever to put my boots on, etc.) for a race class that ends at 9:00am when the lifts open.

At 7:00pm that night I race in a league I've just joined at that mountain. I understand that people lounge in the bar after the race waiting for the team's scores and to find out how they did competitively, which I definitely want to do (probably beerlessly for obvious reasons). Afterwards, I will drive home and crash. I work the next morning, and I work the day before. Spending the night near the mountain is out of the question.

Now, I love to ski. I really want to ski all day, but it seems a bit much, and I know I won't be my best at race time if I do. Plus, I will need to do some prep for my job the next day at some point during the day (I teach college art classes).

HELLLP!! What should I do from 9:00 am till 7:00 pm? I want to capitalize on what I learn during my morning race class, and ski plenty on this nice long day. But I don't want to burn myself out and smash into the gates in the evening or have an accident on the way home. I have lots of physical endurance, and usually out-last all of my peers when skiing (I'm not as skillful nor as fast, but I can keep going longer than they can). Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna