• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

In April, having too much snow can be a problem in the northeast

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
My power was out until about an hour ago. The quantity was not the issue, but rather the density. Lots of downed trees on power lines.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
Vermont here. Lost power a few times this morning. Tried to ski today, had to take a detour on the way to Sugarbush because of downed trees/lines. Snow on the mountain was like heavy mashed potatoes, and I am not at allll experienced with that kind of snow, so it was a stressful learning experience. (I’m shocked I only fell four times, it was sticky.) Still. Glad I went. Might go again first thing tomorrow if they get to groom things tonight.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Vermont here. Lost power a few times this morning. Tried to ski today, had to take a detour on the way to Sugarbush because of downed trees/lines. Snow on the mountain was like heavy mashed potatoes, and I am not at allll experienced with that kind of snow, so it was a stressful learning experience. (I’m shocked I only fell four times, it was sticky.) Still. Glad I went. Might go again first thing tomorrow if they get to groom things tonight.
I was able to get to Sugarbush, but my snowboard buddy wasn't able to get past Route 100. We decided we would just grab breakfast in Middlesex and call it. Are you skiing Sugarbush next year? We should do some turns together!

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
I was able to get to Sugarbush, but my snowboard buddy wasn't able to get past Route 100. We decided we would just grab breakfast in Middlesex and call it. Are you skiing Sugarbush next year? We should do some turns together!
Aw man, I asked a local for a route around the road block and he sent me down a super mucky dirt road to 100B— took forever but did the trick.

I’ll definitely be at Sugarbush next year! Hoping to move closer, my family lived in Waitsfield when I was little and I love it there. (Not likely in the current housing crunch in the MRV, yeeesh.) I’m in Winooski now, would love some skiing pals at the mountain anytime. (Fair warning… I’m very very new to this and not much fun to ski with yet!)

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
@empogo I had the same experience with the wet heavy snow today. I couldn’t turn to save my life. I hope they groom tomorrow
Really hoping so too! I’m planning to get there first thing, depending on what the morning report says about grooming. Fingers crossed. Say hi if you see me— bright red coat, neon yellow poles, short messy hair wriggling out of my helmet usually.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Aw man, I asked a local for a route around the road block and he sent me down a super mucky dirt road to 100B— took forever but did the trick.

I’ll definitely be at Sugarbush next year! Hoping to move closer, my family lived in Waitsfield when I was little and I love it there. (Not likely in the current housing crunch in the MRV, yeeesh.) I’m in Winooski now, would love some skiing pals at the mountain anytime. (Fair warning… I’m very very new to this and not much fun to ski with yet!)
Oh, I came over the App Gap. That’s the most direct route for me. It was eminently drivable.

I’ll look forward to skiing with you next year - will start a MRV thread for the season in the fall, unless you or someone else beats me to it. My office is in Winooski (Champlain Mill) but I only go into the office once a week or so.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
Oh, I came over the App Gap. That’s the most direct route for me. It was eminently drivable.

I’ll look forward to skiing with you next year - will start a MRV thread for the season in the fall, unless you or someone else beats me to it. My office is in Winooski (Champlain Mill) but I only go into the office once a week or so.
Oh gotcha! I went home that way today, much prettier drive (at least when the road is clear). Looking forward to it too— and feel free to reach out if you’re in Winooski and want to meet up sans ski gear for a coffee or whatever.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna