• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Important Epic Mix Feature

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Who here has the Epic Mix app on their phone? If you do, you may not be aware of a feature that I just learned about yesterday: the ability to contact ski patrol.

The other day a friend of mine came upon someone badly injured on the trail. He opened his Epic Mix app, and there's a ski patrol icon on the right side of the upper green bar (see below). When he clicked on it, a member of patrol answered, asked for his location, and if it was an emergency. He said yes and told them where he was, and they had someone there in a matter of minutes.

Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 6.57.21 AM.png

I've opened this app numerous times and never noticed this before, so I thought I'd point it out in case anyone else is as oblivious as I am.

Jenny

Angel Diva
What a great feature! Saves having to think ahead and program the number into your phone (which I never remember to do) or find it somewhere on the trail map.

I wonder if the new Ikon app has it.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Who here has the Epic Mix app on their phone? If you do, you may not be aware of a feature that I just learned about yesterday: the ability to contact ski patrol.
Good to know! Have you downloaded the JH app yet?

Definitely an advantage for VR that all their destination resorts are on the same app. I don't really like cluttering up my iPhone with apps that I'm only going to use for a week. Did download the Mammoth app to get a feel for whether or not I'd make use of it for a short stay.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Good to know! Have you downloaded the JH app yet?

Definitely an advantage for VR that all their destination resorts are on the same app. I don't really like cluttering up my iPhone with apps that I'm only going to use for a week. Did download the Mammoth app to get a feel for whether or not I'd make use of it for a short stay.

Ikon has an app as well, I downloaded it but haven’t looked through it much. Will need to see if they have this feature for diva west. I have the Sunday River specific app as well, and they have an emergency button. Though there are 1.5 peaks on the mountain where I don’t get service and therefore hope those aren’t areas I ever need to call for help! Though they are also quick skis to a lift to get help that way if I weren’t injured myself.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

The other day a friend of mine came upon someone badly injured on the trail. He opened his Epic Mix app, and there's a ski patrol icon on the right side of the upper green bar (see below). When he clicked on it, a member of patrol answered, asked for his location, and if it was an emergency. He said yes and told them where he was, and they had someone there in a matter of minutes.

View attachment 11867

I've opened this app numerous times and never noticed this before, so I thought I'd point it out in case anyone else is as oblivious as I am.
Yep I have it and knew about it... discovered one day when clicking on things. Great to have ......

Soujan

Angel Diva
The Ikon app also has another good feature. You can add friends who also have the app and when you bring up the resort map, it shows you where your friends are.

mustski

Angel Diva
What a great feature! Saves having to think ahead and program the number into your phone (which I never remember to do) or find it somewhere on the trail map.

I wonder if the new Ikon app has it.
Yes. The Ikon map does have it. It only shows up when you are at a resort. I also like the map feature that @Soujan mentioned. I made a restroom trip and was able to check where Bob was on the mountain so I didn’t have to stand outside the whole time. I just went out to meet him when I saw he unloaded at the top.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The Ikon app also has another good feature. You can add friends who also have the app and when you bring up the resort map, it shows you where your friends are.
I need to check to see if the Epic Mix app has that feature........ also, totally thread drift, but I see you have the Head Wild Joy..... Sierra Trading has one pair left in a 153 (my size) for $199..... what am I waiting for?

Jenny

Angel Diva
Yes. The Ikon map does have it. It only shows up when you are at a resort. I also like the map feature that @Soujan mentioned. I made a restroom trip and was able to check where Bob was on the mountain so I didn’t have to stand outside the whole time. I just went out to meet him when I saw he unloaded at the top.
Ok, maybe I’ll download it, then. The locate feature does seem like it could be helpful, too.

Soujan

Angel Diva
I need to check to see if the Epic Mix app has that feature........ also, totally thread drift, but I see you have the Head Wild Joy..... Sierra Trading has one pair left in a 153 (my size) for $199..... what am I waiting for?
What are you waiting for?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly