• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Impact of weight change on gear?

kiki

Angel Diva
I've lost about 20lbs since last ski season, and expect to lose some more before this next ski season starts, wondering how that may impact my boot fit and skis? apart from having my bindings checked for adjustment, anything else? Do I need to worry about my boots (I sure hope not-$$$)?

Jilly

Staff member
DIN setting for sure. Boots maybe. But I think you need a really big weight lost to need new boots.

mustski

Angel Diva
I have lost 20 pounds over the last 4 years (slow but sure progress) and there is no difference in my boots or in the handling of my skis. The only problem I have is that my pants are a bit loose, but thanks to the miracle of the velcro waist adjusters, there have been no malfunctions. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna