• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
@mustski I am a sucker for bomber jackets because they are typically shorter and so am I.

That's a fabulous looking jacket.

Sadly I own ski jackets in both a very similar blue and a very similar reddish orange. The orange is a Nobis bomber jacket, though much warmer (and way more expensive) than the one on SAC. In fact it is down filled and way too warm for most of the days we ski.

This is truly a first world problem. I have been trying hard to make no additional ski purchases last season or this one. (Except, of course, for my new Renouns!)

I'll let you know how it all works out.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I bought two really nice Patagonia ski jackets on clearance sale early last season because I loved how they fit and the colors. So many colorful and wonderful jackets on sale now. Been very hard to not buy yet another one when I enjoy the two I bought and can wear them all winter since they aren'y too skier-y looking. Between casual, skiing, backpacking, and running jackets, my closet is quite full! Purchases this season are a new set of skis (Kanjos) and new helmet (Valence MIPS in purple). Bring on the snow!me.resize.jpg

HikenSki

Angel Diva
@VickiK - great jacket! My kind of colors!

@HikenSki - those ski pants look great with that jacket!
Thanks! They are actually a bright pink, a color I would never wear outside of the resort. LOL. My husband just need to keep an eye out for hot pants. :bounce:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
It's sometimes beneficial to be something of a jacket slut (not just ski jackets). Such as yesterday, a friend arrived to go hiking and hadn't bargained on rain (which looked like a threat). I opened my cupboard and said "Take your pick" - of various wind and/or rain jackets. She did and was fine.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
It's sometimes beneficial to be something of a jacket slut (not just ski jackets). Such as yesterday, a friend arrived to go hiking and hadn't bargained on rain (which looked like a threat). I opened my cupboard and said "Take your pick" - of various wind and/or rain jackets. She did and was fine.
That is totally our place! Between my jackets and my husband's jackets for our many outdoor adventures, we can outfit anyone who visits unprepared. "Best to be prepared for any and all conditions," I say! We had two traveling youth group teens stay with us last winter for a few days. It snowed and they wanted to go and play in it but only had their mild travel clothes with them. They borrowed my boots, jackets, and gloves (of which I have wayyyyy too many as well). The stuff may not have fit perfectly, but they got the job done. :-D

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Did you ever get this jacket, @skibum4ever ?

@VickiK that was for R and he is not a jacket slut. So no, he did not purchase it. It really was pricey. But given how little R spends on ski stuff (particularly in comparison to me), I would have approved if he had wanted to buy it.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Reading this thread inspired me to check out my ski closet. I found a scary number of jackets that I don't even remember, including a red Fera with tags still in the pockets, so obviously never even worn.

I think eBay is calling my name.

mustski

Angel Diva
So my new jacket come today, and I am a little frustrated. It fits well and looks good and the color is fantastic ... but ... the two hand pockets don't zip or snap or velcro shut! What is the point of that - so they can fill with snow to save for later? Also, the hood -fur lined and totally cute - goes over the helmet but it has added neck tabs that won't close (velcro) so it will fly off in the wind which is the only time I wear a hood over the helmet (wind and snow). Oh well, it's still cute and it was only $40 so nothing lost. It will work on most days and Bob will just have to carry my stuff in his pockets! Except for snow, I can carry that myself. :wink:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
@mustski I have another jacket with open pockets and I paid $10 to have Velcro strips sewn in. I got mine today and I like it. I will be visiting my tailor to add Velcro to the pockets.

I don't know why they make pockets like that. They are useless. But the jacket was a great deal.

If anyone is interested, S&C has a couple of those jackets left in S and M. They are now $30.99.

Jilly

Staff member
I'm going shopping this weekend for a complete suit. My Soloman suit in my avatar has some issues with cuts. And it's not worth sending to GG. So I've looking on line at MEC and something called Mountain Warehouse. Both are in Ottawa and I'll be there this weekend. The suit doesn't need to be super warm. I have my Avalanche suit for cold days. This is more for those days at freezing to -5C.

mustski

Angel Diva
@mustski I have another jacket with open pockets and I paid $10 to have Velcro strips sewn in. I got mine today and I like it. I will be visiting my tailor to add Velcro to the pockets.

I don't know why they make pockets like that. They are useless. But the jacket was a great deal.

If anyone is interested, S&C has a couple of those jackets left in S and M. They are now $30.99.

What color did you get and who do you use to sew the velcro in? I want velcro!

I picked up this jacket....tps://www.mountainwarehouse.com/ca/028140-slopestyle-womens-extreme-ski-jacket-p20398/red/

I have a pair of black pants, but.....I'm thinking the black jacket with a turquoise pant?? I'll be going by on Friday and can return it then. They didn't have any pants except gray or pant in the store. So I would have to order on line. But at least I could try on pants to see what size fits!!
Red goes very well with turquoise also. I love my turquoise pants! They are surprisingly versatile and look good with almost every color.

Tvan

Angel Diva

Jilly

Staff member
I got the red. But, the CSIA course conductors were in red with a bright green pant last year. Think it might be too close. Although I wouldn't have the logo embroidered on my butt. The turquoise in really life is more like mint to me. Going to stop in on Friday and take a look again.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna