• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I think it will haunt you forever if you don't get it.

I am still haunted by a Kjus jacket at a similar price point and discount that I didn't get.

In the past I have seen some wonderful Kjus jackets.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
OK. I need help. I recently tried on this jacket in Aspen. Of course it's Aspen therefore expensive. This jacket costs $400 supposedly reduced from $1200. This would be significantly more than I normally spend on a ski jacket.

But I like it... a lot. I have been in a number of ski stores and also searched on line but have not found anything I like as much.

I have asked a couple of friends and received mixed responses. It seems like people either love it or hate it.

Divas, I called today and the jacket is still available. Desperately seeking your thoughts.

Note: of course there is a matching mask but hopefully I won't need that next season.

View attachment 15669
It looks very cute on you........ so if you love it, get it..... what's the back look like?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I think it will haunt you forever if you don't get it.

I am still haunted by a Kjus jacket at a similar price point and discount that I didn't get.
Well a few years ago I bought a black (why black?) Kjus jacket on sale for probably $300 from $600 and magenta Kjus pants on sale. They are a fantastic product (waterproof, breathable, lightweight, warm, comfortable) but in Tahoe I feel like I should be in Deer Valley. Nobody wears Kjus in Tahoe unless they're from somewhere else.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't have an opinion, but I'll offer a strategy.

A neighbor many years ago told me that her husband loved to fish. He liked to go on weekend fishing trips. She wasn't so happy about it. So he'd come home and pick a fight. When she was either screaming mad or no longer speaking to him, he'd say "well, you're already mad, so I'm going fishing". He confessed this to her and apologized when he was terminally ill.

So if you can't justify this as a reward for the weight you lost, I say you look around for a dirty ski sock on the floor ....

"And that's when the fight started." :rotf:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
But you ski in Colorado a lot........ also doesn't mammoth get all those LA celebs in their designer duds?

Yes, maybe, but who can recognize them, especially with a mask!

It's fun skiing in the spring. There are all sorts of retro outfits on the slopes.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK. I need help. I recently tried on this jacket in Aspen. Of course it's Aspen therefore expensive. This jacket costs $400 supposedly reduced from $1200. This would be significantly more than I normally spend on a ski jacket.

But I like it... a lot. I have been in a number of ski stores and also searched on line but have not found anything I like as much.

I have asked a couple of friends and received mixed responses. It seems like people either love it or hate it.

Divas, I called today and the jacket is still available. Desperately seeking your thoughts.

Note: of course there is a matching mask but hopefully I won't need that next season.

View attachment 15669
It's awesome. Get it.

Christy

Angel Diva
Well a few years ago I bought a black (why black?) Kjus jacket on sale for probably $300 from $600 and magenta Kjus pants on sale. They are a fantastic product (waterproof, breathable, lightweight, warm, comfortable) but in Tahoe I feel like I should be in Deer Valley. Nobody wears Kjus in Tahoe unless they're from somewhere else.

I guess the fancier brands aren't popular here either, but maybe because I live in a city, where you see so many different kinds of styles everyday, this isn't something I'd worry about.

I saw a woman skiing here recently who had a beautiful flower print ski coat. I'd never seen anything like it, especially not in Washington, and I complimented her on it. We chatted for a minute and I realized it was a Bogner. You never see Bogner at Crystal or Snoqualmie, but I appreciated that she wore such a beautiful coat!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Also have some Bogner plaid ski pants that I get tons of compliments on. The only way one would know they are Bogner is if noticing little B's on the zippers..... Another brand you don't see very often in Tahoe ......

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
And you're asking this bunch of enablers??

GIGGLE.

Why would I ask a group whose members would discourage me from doing what I secretly (or maybe not so secretly) want to do anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna