• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm increasingly a goggle slut!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loving our Ski Clothing Addiction (not so) Anonymous threads.

I'm pretty loyal to my ski pants and jacket; once I find ones that do up over boobs and bum and don't make me look elephantine I'm friends for life.

However, my addiction is goggles: Increasingly getting them for all occasions: bright conditions, dark conditions, alternately bright and dark conditions, conditions that are slightly dark but not overly so. Conditions when I want my face to look festive. Conditions when I feel I need an extra 1cm of cheek coverage. Conditions when I just need to see the world through rose-tinted glasses (ahem, goggles).

Show me your selection, ladies, let me feel I'm not alone.

1669962232657.png

Jilly

Staff member
On goggles, I'm one and done. Once I find a frame that fits my face and helmet I stick with it.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Loving our Ski Clothing Addiction (not so) Anonymous threads.

I'm pretty loyal to my ski pants and jacket; once I find ones that do up over boobs and bum and don't make me look elephantine I'm friends for life.

However, my addiction is goggles: Increasingly getting them for all occasions: bright conditions, dark conditions, alternately bright and dark conditions, conditions that are slightly dark but not overly so. Conditions when I want my face to look festive. Conditions when I feel I need an extra 1cm of cheek coverage. Conditions when I just need to see the world through rose-tinted glasses (ahem, goggles).

Show me your selection, ladies, let me feel I'm not alone.

View attachment 19694
TG, I thought I was the only one :wink:

newbieM

Angel Diva
Oh those are pretty. I want some goggles that kick ass at low light because holy cow does that sh*t scare me.

But rose color are my favorite because they make me happier. Who knows why?!

I’ll take a pic of my goggles next month when I’m out skiing.

Reactions: AJM

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I don’t know why pics insist on attaching sideways!

Anon M3 - these are the bomb. Lens swap could be done in the chairlift line - no clips, just magnetic. I adore these so much I am monogamous!

Screenshot 2022-12-03 at 4.14.19 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Fixed it for you.
I just noticed that if I add a photo by dropping it into the "drop image" box, it appears upside-down, but if I click and unload it from my laptop it appears correctly oriented. IDK if that helps anyone, but check it out next time you post a photo.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I just noticed that if I add a photo by dropping it into the "drop image" box, it appears upside-down, but if I click and unload it from my laptop it appears correctly oriented. IDK if that helps anyone, but check it out next time you post a photo.

Also @newboots said once if you edit and crop a little that it would allow the photo to appear correctly. That worked for me.
I attached it as a file from my phone - it showed properly in my camera roll, but then rotated once uploaded to the site. I have edited a photo before uploading to correct the orientation, but haven't seen how to do that once uploaded. Next time! Luckily Ski Diva came to my rescue this time.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I attached it as a file from my phone - it showed properly in my camera roll, but then rotated once uploaded to the site. I have edited a photo before uploading to correct the orientation, but haven't seen how to do that once uploaded. Next time! Luckily Ski Diva came to my rescue this time.
Mine was on my iPhone as well. I did not correct the orientation, literally cropped a teensy bit and voila, it was correct.

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh those are pretty. I want some goggles that kick ass at low light because holy cow does that sh*t scare me.

But rose color are my favorite because they make me happier. Who knows why?!

I’ll take a pic of my goggles next month when I’m out skiing.
I've always had yellow for low-light, but I've just got some lilacs for this season, just to keep the pink vision theme going (those are the Oakley Flight Decks bottom right) - interestingly I used to paraglide and the glasses that we wore to see faint clouds were very pink, and yes, it does make one feel good: maybe it reminds you of being in the womb.

newboots

Angel Diva
Glad my photo tips helped! I read about it; there is digital language in our photos, and one of the things it tells is which side is up. Unfortunately, not every application uses the same language for "up" or "down!" I don't know why editing it a little bit seems to fix this, but it's been working for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly