• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm bummed now...

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Taos has been promoting their opening day as Nov. 22nd.

We had a few flurries a few weeks ago, but since then it's been dry and warm, in the 60's.

Today I log on and find out Taos has moved opening day back to December 14th!! :(

Even Wolf Creek in Colorado, which is usually known for good early season snow, hasn't gotten anything. They are opening one trail this weekend, all man-made snow.

I have new boots and nowhere to ski them! :Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I feel your pain Lori. I'm looking at the thermometer outside my window and right now and it reads a balmy 70 degrees. (Granted it's in the sun, but come on now...) I keep checking the weather forecast hoping it will change, but the perpetual sunshine we are so famous for is all that is forecast. Waaaahhhh.....:Cry:

I don't think they've started making snow on the mountain yet, but they haven't changed our opening day, and I don't think they're going to. We're opening on Thanksgiving, so it looks like it's going to be all man-made unless a miracle occurs.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mr. Sheena and I were just moping about the darn high pressure system that has been hanging out here for the past few weeks. Dry, sunny, cold days. grrrr. At least we will be getting a break from this miserable weather soon (haha), and there is a chance for snow this weekend.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Flurrying off and on today where I am in Vermont. So maybe it's on its way? :snow:

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since it has been snowing in the mountains the past few days, I have a little hope of one of the hills opening up in late November. Just hoping I'm skiing before december...

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's still 60's and beautiful in Moab. Perfect mountain biking weather. 'Nuff said.

Actually, it's even been pretty nice riding weather in SLC. I won't complain too much if I can keep riding. However, I keep looking at my pictures from Snowbird on Oct 19th....

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm with you. New boots & no where to go. Too beautiful weather here, I'm only 50 miles from the summit into Tahoe & it's been 80 degrees. Mammoth has been making snow since monday. That's a long ways South of here.

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Global warming, plain and simple. There's just no way around it!

No, I think I jinxed the weather by buying my ski boots too early! :p

I'll just have to go out and prep my motorcycle for a nice weekend ride. That should turn things around quickly.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought the Taos pass included 3 free days at Copper. Come on up and ski with us.

Kathi

That's what we need....more lakes in Colorado! We need "Lake Effect Snow!" :snow:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After having to clean 3-4" of snow off my car this morning, I am sooooo glad I'm not racing the Iceman Cometh this year! It's a week later than normal this year and I have NO desire to do a mountain bike race in a foot of snow!!!

It must be almost ski time cuz hubby moved the bikes around, ran the wet/dry vac in the shed, and set up the tuning bench (actually I'm a little surprised....he usually starts "seasoning" and tuning the race skis in August!).

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought the Taos pass included 3 free days at Copper. Come on up and ski with us.

Kathi

The Taos pass does include 3 days at Copper, and I'd love to come up there to ski. But I don't know if I'm ready to travel 5 hours one way for just a few open trails. Keep me posted on conditions, Kathi!

I'm glad all of you out on the East Coast are seeing some snow action. I know there were many times I was just ecstatic to go skiing in December when I lived out there!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Taos pass does include 3 days at Copper, and I'd love to come up there to ski. But I don't know if I'm ready to travel 5 hours one way for just a few open trails. Keep me posted on conditions, Kathi!

I'm glad all of you out on the East Coast are seeing some snow action. I know there were many times I was just ecstatic to go skiing in December when I lived out there!

Agree , don't come yet, we've been in a 2 week drought. It is cold enough to blow snow. I'll keep you posted. Btw, we're coming to Taos is Jan.

Kathi

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Global warming, plain and simple. There's just no way around it!
I have a different theory............
Wait for it.......................
You're gonna love it......................

Its because so many Hot Divas are skiing, that we've melted all the snow!

We're going to have to tone down all of our hotness!

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jinx

I was pretty bummed too when the early snow and cold stopped. We have been moderate temps with no precip for weeks now. We actually had a halloween where the temperature was above 0, which the joke in our area is halloween is always the coldest night of the year. Because typically we do get unseasonally low temps that are below 0. It's weird. I looked at the big picture though and the fact that we also had our hottest summer ever and fire season started at least one month earlier, so there were alot of things we couldn't do because of the smoke particulate in the air. I decided to consider this a catch up time. We are gonna get the climbing gear back out and take advantage of the weather as time lost in the haze of summer. I am actually excited enough, that with my luck, I may just jinx this weather for the rest of us in the Rockies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna