• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm Back!!!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Hooray! This could be the start of a beautiful new relationship with different skis....what are you demoing next time?

Not sure. I am thinking of buying the Volkls tomorrow. At $90/rental and $400 to buy, it won't take long to amortize the purchase.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@skibum4ever and @mustski it was great to see you both today on the mountain even though it was brief.... @skibum4ever it was truly inspirational to see you skiing today your dedication and persistence really paid off- congratulations on reaching your goal !!!!! And @mustski you are an awesome ski buddy :smile: glad you captered the moment on film !

Last edited:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Did you get the Volkl skis?

Yes after my demo I returned the next morning to buy them. I'm not sensitive enough to the nuances so didn't want to do any more demoing. I felt ridiculously comfortable on the Volkls and needed a ski for yesterday and today.

And I feel that they may be all the ski I ever need.

mustski

Angel Diva
^^^ I agree! They did her well today during some seriously adverse conditions. It was a very strange day … spring at Canyon so we headed to chair 2. The ski down was lovely. We rode chair 2 up and hit serious wind scoured and polished surface. It was just short of ice (in the Eastern sense) and really tough to maneuver. Then a giant cloud engulfed us so there was zero visibility! Now … add to that a return to the scene of the crime. This was the exact spot she fell and injured herself 16 months ago! She was a freakin CHAMPION! Anyone who has ever been injured knows what I mean! She skied it. She conquered it. She hated it, but she beat those damn demons! @skibum4ever 1 - mountain 0!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly