• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
See my post from Dec.27.
The point IS to embarrass one’s children, and mine at 20 and 21 are still susceptible.
Also, like @newboots hubby, I like to be goofy. Life is short, laugh more!

My parents just moved here to be closer to the kids, and I swear, I turn into a middle schooler every time my dad is goofy.
So I am probably too sympathetic to their plight...

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jumping in to show off my fully new (except for poles) set-up. Could also go in the jacket slut thread, but this one seems to have more action of late. Plus this is my first pair of pants that isn’t black of white, so pants take it, though these are a bit less blue and more teal in person. Initially I thought I was just adding some new outerwear to treat myself since I was getting new skis too, but turned out to be a necessity. My smalls were already a bit small pre-COVID and the baggier items weren’t quite baggy anymore after 11 months of quarantine, so new pants and jacket were a must. Mountain Hardware GoreTex pants (only complaint is they were sold out of the short sizes) and Roxy jacket.View attachment 14679
That is an awesome colour combination!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sooooo need some new insulated pants that can survive a wetter riders of the storm. And stand out from the normal black/burgundy/navy pants everyone else has. Looking for suggestions, and btw I can not stand crinkly/ noisy gortex. I have 'vintage' North Face Freedom pants in bright pink as my only insulated pants. as Tvan stated, I realize my phone fits perfectly, and I like that.
I’m partial to the North Face Freedom ski pants. I love the adjustable waist, and the thigh pocket which fits my phone perfectly.
Not the most technical pant. And I'm a sm/edium. The medium are quite baggy and lend to my more "parkish/ freeride look'. Also, as the years have past, the front/top of the pants have actually faded in color lol!.

I have a bright bubble gum pink (cant miss me in the white out vertigo) 20K waterproof /20K breathability shell jacket for riders of the storm. Its from a company that is no longer, as such, its unique. This serves me well in storm low viz days. I have previously paired it with a grey shell pant which have lost their waterproofing.

I normally wear a light grey insulated jacket this time of year. navy, gold and fig are my other colors to mix with

I see that Flylow makes an insulated version of the Nina (Fae) which I have in the fig color and I love the waterproofing which is bomb proof but Fae colors are lacking. I also like the Strafe Wildcat in Papaya and actually today in vertigo white out we did see that similar color really stand out.
So, I need to replace my one and only insulated pant with something a bit more technical than the NF pants which were soaked today. And something not so gortex stiff and crinkly. Thoughts? Would be great if it could go with the pink or the grey? Needs to be 20/20 at least? Thanks!
edit - btw I don't do red or black

Last edited:

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I put up a catalog picture of my Spyder Temerity pants in this thread back in Dec. They are 20/20 and keep me warm and dry (and I do like wet slushy conditions) and ski in very cold Maine. They have pockets and tech features I like. I'm 5'5 140, bought size 6. I pop the snap at the waist sometimes and have to suck my gut to zip, so prob should've bought the 8! They've discontinued that Temerity line with various colors and patterns, but I'm sure Spyder has a replacement. Spyder has some fun colors, and if you're ready to take the plunge, patterns!!!

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've long relied on Columbia and Mountain Hardware brands to keep me warm and dry in the rainy PNW, but I also don't have a problem with Gore-Tex. So this is likely only mildly helpful, but I'm liking my Cloud Bank pants from Mountain Hardware and don't find them to be overly loud/crinkly. Certainly not like a stiffer pant designed for snowmobiling or anything like that. That said I'm not sure what your threshold is for loud/annoying. But they do have some fun purples, oranges, and light grays available currently. https://www.mountainhardwear.com/c/womens-pants/?cgid=womens-bottoms&prefv1=009&prefn1=activity

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I put up a catalog picture of my Spyder Temerity pants in this thread back in Dec. They are 20/20 and keep me warm and dry (and I do like wet slushy conditions) and ski in very cold Maine. They have pockets and tech features I like. I'm 5'5 140, bought size 6. I pop the snap at the waist sometimes and have to suck my gut to zip, so prob should've bought the 8! They've discontinued that Temerity line with various colors and patterns, but I'm sure Spyder has a replacement. Spyder has some fun colors, and if you're ready to take the plunge, patterns!!!

I find all of Spyder's ski clothing tiny. If I know it's tacos and margaritas for lunch, I do not wear Spyder.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really need to unsubscribe from ski gear sites. I just got an email that Flylow is having a sale. (Translate that to "I just bought a pair of Baker bibs"). If it helps any, it is a colour that should go with my regular ski jacket. They had the colour amaro in a short length, which helped me to decide.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really need to unsubscribe from ski gear sites. I just got an email that Flylow is having a sale. (Translate that to "I just bought a pair of Baker bibs"). If it helps any, it is a colour that should go with my regular ski jacket. They had the colour amaro in a short length, which helped me to decide.
That looks like a great colour! :smile: I got that Flylow email too... haven't bought anything yet but... I've had my eye on the pink Foxy's for half the season, it's not helpful that they're even cheaper now, I think if they also came in a short length I'd have bought them by now :laughter:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
That looks like a great colour! :smile: I got that Flylow email too... haven't bought anything yet but... I've had my eye on the pink Foxy's for half the season, it's not helpful that they're even cheaper now, I think if they also came in a short length I'd have bought them by now :laughter:
Share the link please!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Share the link please!
You have the foxys as well right? How have you found the thigh pockets in yours? I'm wondering if they've gotten any bigger. I love my foxys a lot but my phone is like half a cm too tall for the thigh pocket, it still closes but over a season of stashing my phone in the thigh pocket, the stress on the zipper damaged it at one end. Still tempted to get another pair. I should just stop putting my phone in the thigh pocket but I just find it so handy haha.

Yes, the sphynx bibs are a very good price too, and the plum and aqua are very cute.... eep!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
You have the foxys as well right? How have you found the thigh pockets in yours? I'm wondering if they've gotten any bigger. I love my foxys a lot but my phone is like half a cm too tall for the thigh pocket, it still closes but over a season of stashing my phone in the thigh pocket, the stress on the zipper damaged it at one end. Still tempted to get another pair. I should just stop putting my phone in the thigh pocket but I just find it so handy haha.

Yes, the sphynx bibs are a very good price too, and the plum and aqua are very cute.... eep!
I do! I don’t really use the thigh pockets. Think I keep a hand warmer in one bit usually keep my phone in a jacket pocket. Think mine are from last year though as we’re on sale..

alison wong

Angel Diva
You folks are bad influence and I should "block" this thread so it is invisible to me.
Questions about Foxy Bib:
1) is it the better quality one? Compare to Moxi. The other bib styles do not have my size. Only Foxy does.
2) For this brand and style, what is size: "S short" mean, as in petite? or just the pants are shorter but everything else is the same as "S"?
3) I have a black color bib from Strafe already, love it.....I don't really need another black color. I do kind of like the "beet" (red) color, remotely like the sapphire color. I don't have a jacket to go w/ either color and I don't want buy another jacket just for this.

Links below:
Foxy bib beet color
Foxy bib sapphire color

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have Lupine color from previous year which is very similar to Sapphire color. I didn’t have an option for length but extra small not too long in the foxy bib. I’m petite at 5’1and may order the aqua Sphinx as want an insulated bib as well. Assuming fit is the same . Not buying new jacket ..... I don’t think!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heck, I'm a a very bad influence even on myself. I couldn't resist picking up the foxy bib in the taffy pink colour so now I'll have a bib quiver! :becky:

I think the Foxy and the Moxie are comparable quality. The Moxie is meant to be a slightly different fit with wider hips and thighs.

Not sure about the S Short - I would have bought one if they had any available - they only seem to have those in the black colour which I wasn't interested in. All the other colours show as "unavailable" when I click on the S Short size. Their site is a bit confusing this way :/ Looking at their size charts, they show the "tall" sizes as being otherwise the same measurements as the regular sizes but with the inseam 2" longer, so I assume the Short sizes might be the same but shorter inseam?

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heck, I'm a a very bad influence even on myself. I couldn't resist picking up the foxy bib in the taffy pink colour so now I'll have a bib quiver! :becky:

Well, damn - that order got cancelled as it turns out they didn't actually have the stock. :( sad days!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing