• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

Hammie

Certified Ski Diva
I dream of having the courage to wear patterned pants.
Go ahead and wear them - you will look and feel great! I have pretty wild taste in pants - I have both of these pairs in the attached pictures. They actually helped me out once - I got knocked over by someone offloading a chair (2 chairs unload into the same place, guy getting off the other chair lost control and zoomed over to my offload area by accident). One of the mountain hosts who does the tours recognized me by my pants and swooped in to pick me up and dust me off!

Attachments

• FA569DD9-0C42-4996-A441-EE00B36589D1.jpeg
    FA569DD9-0C42-4996-A441-EE00B36589D1.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 16
  • B3685808-99B7-4CAC-9C18-F28C60DB527B.jpeg
    B3685808-99B7-4CAC-9C18-F28C60DB527B.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 19

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I posted this in a different area, but since this is the Pants group, I probably should have posted it here: I just bought a 2nd pr of Women's Petite Squall Insulated Winter Snow Pants from Land's End at the ridiculously low sale price (60% off) of $54.97! I have a pr that I bought a couple of yrs ago, and I love them. What's really nice is that they come in different lengths, so we who are vertically-challenged don't have to walk around on our pants bottoms -- I hate that. They're also insulated, so they keep me warm with just a base layer underneath. Not sure how long this 60% sale will still be around.

former-boarder

Certified Ski Diva
For those of you who wear Obermeyer Malta pants - how do they fit in the thighs? I have a pair of North Face Freedom pants that are pretty tight in the thighs, so I'm kind of hoping to find new pants that are a bit roomier. I'm short, so I like that the Malta has a short inseam version.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My thighs aren't tiny, but I don't have a problem with the Freedom pants. Have you tried Burton Fly? I found those a little roomier. They also come in short. The one thing I didn't like as much about the Fly is that the waist adjustment tabs are on the inside of the pant, not the outside, so that causes a weird bunching if you don't wear a belt.

CindiSue

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I want to get a patterned pair! How is the sizing? I have old Obermeyers that are size 8 and a little tight with underlayer + fleece, even though I am a 2/4 in pants. But in reading reviews, people are saying they fit true to size even with layers. 5'6" 125#. Thanks!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I want to get a patterned pair! How is the sizing? I have old Obermeyers that are size 8 and a little tight with underlayer + fleece, even though I am a 2/4 in pants. But in reading reviews, people are saying they fit true to size even with layers. 5'6" 125#. Thanks!
Companies change their cuts over the years so I wouldn't rely too much on your older Obermeyer sizing (below is their current size chart). That said, if you want to put two layers underneath you may want to size up? This print is on EVO right now....just sayin'.

1608992561151.png

1608992401112.png

Attachments

• 1608992345404.png
    1608992345404.png
    372.7 KB · Views: 2

CindiSue

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Companies change their cuts over the years so I wouldn't rely too much on your older Obermeyer sizing (below is their current size chart). That said, if you want to put two layers underneath you may want to size up? This print is on EVO right now....just sayin'.
Thanks, I hope so because I ordered 2 in size 4 from them last night! They were sold out of 6 so hopefully the 4 works.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Those pants sure are pretty!
Aren't they? So my colors, but I think I need the tall otherwise I could really get out of hand here! I just got my first pair of printed pants - I ordered from Sierra - Boulder Gear Luna in Virgo print. They are a bit more fitted than I would like with, but I couldn't resist the print and price ($69.99)
image.jpg

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I got these Spyders a couple of years ago. I wanted white pants like all the fashionistas out West. Then I realized I would ruin white pants in one season from spilling cocoa/coffee on them and from East Coast lift grease. The saleswoman in the local shop assured me I could pull them off with my bright blue jacket, Nils, from previous season (of course she would, she's a saleswoman). The fact that my young adult kids find them an embarrassment is also a good thing. Now I see patterned pants are a SkiDiva thing!!!! I guess I fit in with this crowd. 1609045589963.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly