• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So @TeleChica and @Blondeinabmw how are the jump off pants holding up? I found old/ new stock in the same Dahlia color on eBay..... I thought they had a lot of nice features and should have bought a pair when they were around....

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I need pants. I need insulated, waterproof pants. I'm not a pants slut. I don't really care about pants other than they need to be warm and dry. Since I don't love pants I'm kinda cheap about them. Anyone familiar with any of these Obermeyer? I've been very impressed with how well my Obermeyer jackets have held up. I did look for reviews and can't find too much, except that people either love or hate the Bliss. These are so cheap!

https://www.6pm.com/obermeyer-women-outerwear-pants-and-sets/CKvXARCw7AE6ApYPUgLbGcABAeICBQECGAcK.zso?s=percentOff/desc/

I have a pair of Obermeyer Malta pants, and while I love the fit, they're not great on super cold days. Then again, I'm talking Vermont cold; I don't think it gets that bad in the PNW. They'd probably be fine for you.

Christy

Angel Diva
I have a pair of Obermeyer Malta pants, and while I love the fit, they're not great on super cold days. Then again, I'm talking Vermont cold; I don't think it gets that bad in the PNW. They'd probably be fine for you.

Yeah actually I was more interested in the other insulated models they have available. Although it is interesting to know that the Malta seems to be popular model here, and that people like them.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I just wear a powerstretch fleece capri legging under them and am fine in almost all conditions. If it's super cold, like under 10F-ish then I might add a super thin legging, too.

kiki

Angel Diva
Yeah actually I was more interested in the other insulated models they have available. Although it is interesting to know that the Malta seems to be popular model here, and that people like them.
I think in the PNW the damp just seeps in so the waterproof and warmth needs are both important.

My ski pants have seen 90 days of use and I’m worried about the zipper or something going. Still fine for waterproofing I do the nikwax treatment a couple times a season.
how long do your pants normally last?
I want new ones but it’s really hard to find Gore-Tex pants in a size large with short leg....(boy do I hate those stats lol!)

Jilly

Staff member
If the zipper goes, let me know. Geargrl got me the name of a guy on Vancouver Island that does repair work like she does. He repaired a rip in my pants and waterproofed them before he returned them to me.

Have you tried some of the Canadian outlets? Last Hunt, Valhalla Outfitters, Altitude Sports?

kiki

Angel Diva
If the zipper goes, let me know. Geargrl got me the name of a guy on Vancouver Island that does repair work like she does. He repaired a rip in my pants and waterproofed them before he returned them to me.

Have you tried some of the Canadian outlets? Last Hunt, Valhalla Outfitters, Altitude Sports?
I got a NF jacket from last hunt last year but the text felt funny and the logo peeled off, do they sell knock offs or real items? Always leary about non-returnable purchases too.

kiki

Angel Diva
For the zipper on my pants I’d just worry as I don’t have another pair of ski pants so wouldn’t be able to ski while waiting on repairs .....

zipper went on the matching coat last season and I debated to send to NF but the shipping costs are high, wondering if a local dry cleaners could do that repair as it seems simple... I have a back up jacket but the broken one is of course my favorite.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, I had a zipper go on my ski pants this winter :( It's just on one of the thigh pockets but I used that pocket a lot so I'm sad that it's no longer functional! The zipper teeth at one end are bent and the zip pull has come off the teeth as well. Plus it's one of those waterproof zippers which just makes it even more difficult to deal with! I love the pants otherwise though, just need to fix that pocket...!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So my season ended early with an injury so seeing as I've been stuck at home I've been trawling websites for next years outfit ..... the leopard has been on high rotation for the last 3 seasons so its time for a new look ..... Ta Da let me introduce you ( a bold move I know !!!!) COPPER-BOARDSPORTS-SNOW-VOLCOM-WOMENS-H1351905COP_5.jpg

Tvan

Angel Diva
I’m partial to the North Face Freedom ski pants. I love the adjustable waist, and the thigh pocket which fits my phone perfectly. I have them in (gulp) three colors.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got some Freedom last year too and really like the fit and features. If I find a pair in short in a color I like I’ll most likely get another. The regular length works for skiing, but I have to cuff them without my ski boots. I also want to try on the Freedom bibs, but I don’t think those are insulated.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just saw some NF Freedom pants in the harder to find short length in all sizes at Sierra, but sadly only in grey. I don't think I can do grey.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna