• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

Jilly

Staff member
Being 5'4, pants are always too long. I take them to a trusted seamstress and she shortens them. She will even replace any straps, buckles and wear pads. Which reminds me I need to get my new ones in to her!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any idea who might produce them?

I know that the North Face Freedom pants (and probably some other North Face pants) come in various lengths. I'm sure another diva can point to other models or brands.

I agree with Pinto on the hard to find, expensive and/or boring, but sometimes a good fit is worth it. Check out end of season sales to try to deal with the expensive part.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Being 5'4, pants are always too long. I take them to a trusted seamstress and she shortens them. She will even replace any straps, buckles and wear pads. Which reminds me I need to get my new ones in to her!

My SO is short also. He found the perfect ski pants but they were waaaay too long. Knowing I have a tiny amount of sewing ability, he asked me to shorten them -- a daunting task, by my estimates! I did it, taking a HUGE amount of time to get it right ... he was thrilled.

You can only imagine the credits I stockpiled from that! Two years later, I still claim to have a large credit balance! We're like the "last month's minutes" versus "rollover minutes" commercial on that issue!

Shortening ski pants don't come cheap!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My SO is short also. He found the perfect ski pants but they were waaaay too long. Knowing I have a tiny amount of sewing ability, he asked me to shorten them -- a daunting task, by my estimates! I did it, taking a HUGE amount of time to get it right ... he was thrilled.

You can only imagine the credits I stockpiled from that! Two years later, I still claim to have a large credit balance! We're like the "last month's minutes" versus "rollover minutes" commercial on that issue!

Shortening ski pants don't come cheap!

Good for you! My MIL is a talented seamstress, and she actually lengthened my daughter's pants back when DD was about 7 or 8. She did a beautiful job, even extended the powder cuffs. I don't know how long it took her, but they looked great and gave us another year or two out of the same pants.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I added to my pants collection, egged on by a couple of women with a great eye for style.

pROXY1-6727952t382x444.jpg

pROXY1-6727952_alternate9_t382x444.jpg

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Everything at Loveland's shop was 50% off so I only spent $65 on these. And when Betsy and Bklyn told me my butt looked good my mind was made up.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
And when Betsy and Bklyn told me my butt looked good my mind was made up.

That's a pretty bulletproof recommendation and those are great pants. I will be sure to check out your butt in them next weekend. *WINK WINK* :D

Jenny

Angel Diva
I'm pretty sure if your butt looks good in something that you're actually required to buy it!

They're cute.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loveland closes today but I'm positive that nearly all the shops in Summit county have their gear on mega markdown.

laine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I admit I have 3 pair of pants. I'm also a shorty - 5'1" - and I find that Sessions fit just right. I have 1 pair of Helly Hansen pants and 2 pair of Sessions.
  • Helly Hansen - these are actually Kids pants in a charcoal gray - I think they're a Kids large or extra large - I've had them for about 6 years. And they kind of have a saggy butt because the back part of the waist is elastic. So I don't wear them much - except when I snowboard because I'm a crap snowboarder and I need to wear butt pads and they fit under these pants (even if they do make me look like I have a huge butt - I don't care - they cushion my tushie! :D ).
  • Sessions - my everyday black Gore-Tex pair
  • Sessions - a pair in pale pink - which were on sale in the tiny (and I really mean tiny - you would know if you've been there) Homewood Mountain ski shop for $45 two years ago. I generally wear them for cross-country or spring skiing since they're not waterproof. Here I am (on the right) cross-country skiing in Tahoe. Not a bad view, right? And I'm talking about my pants! :ROTF:
2262537644_0c59eab511.jpg

-laine

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Laine, I love those pink pants!

I'd love to cross-country ski right along the shores of Tahoe, too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly