• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just reading today's Boston Globe. There was an article about new warm clothing for outdoors (Cool Ways to Stay Warm this Winter.) So there was a coat, some gloves, a helmet, goggles, a base layer. The usual suspects. But there was also a new product marketed as a "snowskant." Snow pants with a built in mini-skirt.

So.... ? Opinions?

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm trying to imagine a function for this. I suppose butt-warming on the lift, but I generally forget about a cold butt the moment I'm off the lift.

Without much of a function, seems a little pointless to me. But then, I thought that about the insulated skirts for apres until Wendy explained them to me!

Jenny

Angel Diva
I saw those for sale way back when I was first starting and thought it seemed kind of silly. And I’ve seen yoga pants/tights with it, too, which also seems kind of silly until I think of running into the store after class and maybe I’m self conscious about my butt.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I posted this in a different area, but since this is the Pants group, I probably should have posted it here: I just bought a 2nd pr of Women's Petite Squall Insulated Winter Snow Pants from Land's End at the ridiculously low sale price (60% off) of $54.97! I have a pr that I bought a couple of yrs ago, and I love them. What's really nice is that they come in different lengths, so we who are vertically-challenged don't have to walk around on our pants bottoms -- I hate that. They're also insulated, so they keep me warm with just a base layer underneath. Not sure how long this 60% sale will still be around.

You ended up being super lucky because there is now a backorder/short supply situation on the squall pants. All my friends are trying to find snow pants because all of us have pandemicked out of ours. I just sucked it in REAL hard to button mine, but if I go down on the slopes, there’s a good chance that I’ll be like a turtle on her back. LOL.

Their stuff is not always stylish, but it’s ALWAYS indestructible. I am super tempted to pick up a squall jacket for me in a fun color at the end of season clearance.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
FYI, I’m currently coveting the Patagonia Snowbelles. Any thoughts on if those EVER go on sale? Or do I just suck it up? I told husband that if I’m paying full price I might as well wait until any new colors come out for next year, at this point.

But, since this group likes to covet pants...thoughts on a good color? My jacket is the old school Columbia bugaboo in red with white sleeves and gray fur. I like it because i know where all the pockets are and it’s not a super common coat/color way now so the kids can spot me fairly easily.

I was hoping to get them in gray because I feel like that’s a little fun and then when I can mix up my jacket (kids are older/skiing with friends). But right now I guess it’s that muddy brown or black. Blurgh.

I asked middle schooler if I should get the chartreuse and he indicated that his embarrassment would cause a black hole to open up and swallow him entirely if I were seen in highlighter yellow pants.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I really did think about it. Little does he know that my waterproof pants (Helly Hansen) for when it warms up here in WI are REALLY BRIGHT YELLOW.

*evil maniacal laughter* ”All the better for you to find me, dear!“

newboots

Angel Diva
When my daughter complained of her dad embarrassing her, he would always respond, "That's my job!"

There's no easy reply to that one, and I think it kind of put it in perspective for her. She knew her dad was goofy.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FYI, I’m currently coveting the Patagonia Snowbelles. Any thoughts on if those EVER go on sale? Or do I just suck it up? I told husband that if I’m paying full price I might as well wait until any new colors come out for next year, at this point.

But, since this group likes to covet pants...thoughts on a good color? My jacket is the old school Columbia bugaboo in red with white sleeves and gray fur. I like it because i know where all the pockets are and it’s not a super common coat/color way now so the kids can spot me fairly easily.

I was hoping to get them in gray because I feel like that’s a little fun and then when I can mix up my jacket (kids are older/skiing with friends). But right now I guess it’s that muddy brown or black. Blurgh.

I asked middle schooler if I should get the chartreuse and he indicated that his embarrassment would cause a black hole to open up and swallow him entirely if I were seen in highlighter yellow pants.
They’ll go on sale, yes. Check EVO and Backcountry regularly.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm joining the patterned pants brigade properly this year! Somehow, despite declaring last year that I needed more waterproof, insulated pants or maybe a bib, I bought these (shell, 15k water resistant) which are my fifth pair of ski/snow pants. In my defence, two of the pairs are actually only used for cold weather wear/après-ski but were sold as "ski pants". 117444330_3623959127639083_5294859153239429616_n.jpg

SMichael08

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jumping in to show off my fully new (except for poles) set-up. Could also go in the jacket slut thread, but this one seems to have more action of late. Plus this is my first pair of pants that isn’t black of white, so pants take it, though these are a bit less blue and more teal in person. Initially I thought I was just adding some new outerwear to treat myself since I was getting new skis too, but turned out to be a necessity. My smalls were already a bit small pre-COVID and the baggier items weren’t quite baggy anymore after 11 months of quarantine, so new pants and jacket were a must. Mountain Hardware GoreTex pants (only complaint is they were sold out of the short sizes) and Roxy jacket.BB595A27-D6E7-47FA-A6F5-90BB817C7768.jpeg

newboots

Angel Diva
Great colors! Especially, I love the color of the helmet with the rest of your gear.

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
Jumping in to show off my fully new (except for poles) set-up. Could also go in the jacket slut thread, but this one seems to have more action of late. Plus this is my first pair of pants that isn’t black of white, so pants take it, though these are a bit less blue and more teal in person. Initially I thought I was just adding some new outerwear to treat myself since I was getting new skis too, but turned out to be a necessity. My smalls were already a bit small pre-COVID and the baggier items weren’t quite baggy anymore after 11 months of quarantine, so new pants and jacket were a must. Mountain Hardware GoreTex pants (only complaint is they were sold out of the short sizes) and Roxy jacket.View attachment 14679
Love that whole look! I just bought a pair of Mountain Hardware gore-tex pants this season and I love them! Enjoy all your new gear!

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I really did think about it. Little does he know that my waterproof pants (Helly Hansen) for when it warms up here in WI are REALLY BRIGHT YELLOW.

*evil maniacal laughter* ”All the better for you to find me, dear!“
See my post from Dec.27.
The point IS to embarrass one’s children, and mine at 20 and 21 are still susceptible.
Also, like @newboots hubby, I like to be goofy. Life is short, laugh more!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly