• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

kiki

Angel Diva
I'm finding medium pants too tight and large ones too lose around the waist. And at 5'2 I need short.
The ski pants have belt loops, do people wear belts with their ski pants???

Got some beautiful ones in the perfect colour that are quite pretty but a bit gappy around the waist. But tight on the tush....

Ideas??

kiki

Angel Diva
Amd here as an example, two different brands mind you, but one is medium (way too small). And large (too big) with at least a 3-4 inch differential in the waists!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 21

newboots

Angel Diva
What gorgeous colors! Yes, people do use belts! If those little Velcro flaps that are on the waistline don't do the trick.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Freeskier mag had these Strafe pants............
View attachment 7459

Ok so I ordered the Grey Strafe Belle pant from Moosejaw w/ 20% off as well as a pair of Roxy soft-shell pants (very similar to the soft shells DD has now taken possession of). They came today and I ended up keeping the Roxy.

I really liked the Strafe pants, its just the grey was pretty neutral. A nice grey but would have to get a brighter jacket to be visible in the trees etc. Pants were interesting, very soft material, very flattering and has an inside liner that is the "polar fleece." Would be warm. My other problem was that for right now, I would be on the tighter end of small. Would work, but would need a very thin base layer. Wasn't really needing an aspirational pair of $400 pants. But if I do find a pair in a brighter color at 50% I'd probably purchase :smile:

newboots

Angel Diva
Attention: TJMaxx Winter Clearance has Strafe Cloud 9 pants, Large, in Turquoise and Coral for $79.00!

I'm on their mailing list and they said I have early access to the clearance sale. If you can't find them, PM me.

https://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/Cloud-Nine-Pants/1000257457?cs=PDP&rrec=true

Now on to the important question: Should I buy turquoise or coral? Pants that I do not need in any way whatsoever, BTW. Jacket is purple with hot pink lining and orange-ish zippers. I think coral.

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love a cool color palette. Purple, Blue, Green, Aqua, etc.

Butttt..... you said your jacket has warm colors too with the Orange and Hot Pink...

Coral would stand out more if that's a concern for you.

I personally would choose Aqua, but because you said Coral you should go with your first mind:thumbsup:. Also this jacket is Purple and Coral and I think it works.

newboots

Angel Diva
You all are wonderful enablers!

Thanks! I do think that with orange and pink accents in my jacket (pink lining) the coral would be better. Now to decide if there’s any reason to buy it!

newboots

Angel Diva
Okay, if I'm getting these just for the hell of it, I'm getting the color I want. Aqua. Done. I also got an expedition-weight quarter-zip by Avalanche for $15. Early Christmas!

kiki

Angel Diva
Attention: TJMaxx Winter Clearance has Strafe Cloud 9 pants, Large, in Turquoise and Coral for $79.00!

I'm on their mailing list and they said I have early access to the clearance sale. If you can't find them, PM me.

https://tjmaxx.tjx.com/store/jump/product/Cloud-Nine-Pants/1000257457?cs=PDP&rrec=true

Now on to the important question: Should I buy turquoise or coral? Pants that I do not need in any way whatsoever, BTW. Jacket is purple with hot pink lining and orange-ish zippers. I think coral.
I think coral

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I only got the aqua. These pants are beauties! Make my roomy Marmots look baggy, like a 19-year-old male snowboarder’s. I can’t wear them in this frigid weather, but they fit well with my regular baselayer. And they really work with my jacket!

View attachment 7904

This is going to be fun!

This is like a gateway drug to becoming a ski gear junkie!! Says the woman with four ski jackets in VT!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna