• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon Pass stories for 2018-19

MissySki

Angel Diva
Not that I got much more than a sandwich and a coffee at Sunday River, I completely forgot about that perk. I need to keep it in mind for Taos.

Does the food discount work at Sunday River? I was thinking it was only at the unlimited resorts like Stratton here? I did ask about a food discount when at Killington and they said there wasn't one there.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Does the food discount work at Sunday River? I was thinking it was only at the unlimited resorts like Stratton here? I did ask about a food discount when at Killington and they said there wasn't one there.

Stratton unlimited? I have the Ikon Base pass, and I thought it only gets you five days at Stratton. Or do you have the full pass?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's the rest of the FAQ related to food and resort store discounts. Not much surprise that Killington doesn't give any of that type of discount since it's not owned by Alterra. I probably didn't bother to pay much attention because I'm mostly going to use the Ikon pass at "partner" locations, not Alterra resorts like Stratton or Tremblant.

Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 8.39.22 PM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
Here's the rest of the FAQ related to food and resort store discounts. Not much surprise that Killington doesn't give any of that type of discount since it's not owned by Alterra. I probably didn't bother to pay much attention because I'm mostly going to use the Ikon pass at "partner" locations, not Alterra resorts like Stratton or Tremblant.

View attachment 9854

Thanks, that's what I thought it'd be!

Good for divas going to Tremblant for diva east to remember.

When I was at Stratton I ate in the village rather than at the lodge, will have to remember for next time if I eat there.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's a list of the Ikon locations for 2018-19 in North America. The list got a lot longer by the late fall compared to the original announcement in the spring. It was hard to keep up. The non-Alterra locations are independent resorts on the MCP or owned by Boyne Resorts, plus Killington (Powdr). There are also locations in Australia and New Zealand for the 2019 season that come from the MCP.

IKON Pass in N. America - Alterra in bold

California: Squaw/Alpine, Mammoth, June, Big Bear
Washington: Crystal, The Summit at Snoqualmie (Boyne)
Montana: Big Sky
Wyoming: Jackson Hole
Utah: Deer Valley, Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, Brighton (Boyne)
Colorado: Aspen Ski Co., Steamboat, Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Eldora
New Mexico: Taos Ski Valley

Maine: Sugarloaf (Boyne), Sunday River (Boyne)
New Hampshire: Loon (Boyne)
Vermont: Stratton, Killington (Powdr), Sugarbush
West Virginia: Snowshoe
Michigan: Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands

CANADA
Quebec: Tremblant
Ontario: Blue Mountain
Alberta: Lake Louise, Sunshine, Mt. Norquay (SkiBig3)
British Columbia: Revelstoke, Cypress (Boyne)

Last edited:

canannie

Certified Ski Diva
I just purchased an item from retail with the IKON base pass and they took 15% off. I wasn't going to correct them :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
One thing I noticed was that here in Tremblant, they raised the prices in the Grand Manitou. I have the privilege pass which gives me 15% off. But soup and a treat is no longer under $10.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used my IKON Base pass as a lift ticket (direct to lift) at Killington, Sugarbush, Mont Tremblant and Blue Mountain (Ontario, CA not Blue M PA). Killington and Sugarbush have RFID at the lifts. Mont Tremblant and Blue Mountain (ON) do not have RFID.

I wasn't originally planning on getting IKON, because I have MCP for my out West trips but when it turned out I were to ski in NE a fair amount this season and that IKON Base pass will cover the remaining ski days on my out West trips I decided to get it. I got IKON Base pass this fall after I got $50 discount coupon from Snowshoe Mountain in mail because I was a pass holder at Snowshoe 4 or 5 years ago.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I used my IKON Base pass as a lift ticket (direct to lift) at Killington, Sugarbush, Mont Tremblant and Blue Mountain (Ontario, CA not Blue M PA). Killington and Sugarbush have RFID at the lifts. Mont Tremblant and Blue Mountain (ON) do not have RFID.

I wasn't originally planning on getting IKON, because I have MCP for my out West trips but when it turned out I were to ski in NE a fair amount this season and that IKON Base pass will cover the remaining ski days on my out West trips I decided to get it.
Sounds like fun! I also added Ikon to the MCP after doing the math for my planned trips out west.

My northeast skiing on Ikon so far has included Killington, Loon, and Sunday River for a long weekend. Probably wouldn't have skied at Loon or as many days at SR without Ikon. I'd checked out Loon a few years ago. As it turned out, I met a few locals and had a blast. The fact that the Ikon ski resorts have good snowmaking for early season skiing was a factor too. Would've skied another day at Loon but it was going to be very cold and windy. Turned out the gondola was on wind hold, so I skipped a ski day and enjoyed wandering around the Waterville Valley village instead.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I remembered to ask for Discount at Mt Tremblant the 2nd day for lunch, No problem getting 10% off.

I did have problems with my pass in plastic, at Tremblant, the young guys got it no problem the older guys (maybe not video gamers?) would aim the laser at my leg, totally missing the pass. it got comical a couple of times and on one of the lifts a liftie gave up and would call Tony when she'd see me- he had good aim..

I'm another w/MCP and also bought base IKON. after figuring out the 1/2price at the MCP MTs
I 'm skiing it made sense to get IKON. Now I'm going to ski as many Mts as I can and have no $$ out of pocket!!

Already been to K-ton, Sugarbush, Mt Tremblant. My 2019 wish list is I want to ski Copper, Diva West @ Aspen/Snowmass, Taos, BIG 3, More Tremblant/Diva East, Alta/Snowbird, hoping for Solitude and or Deer Valley. Here in the East I want to go to Stratton, Loon, Sunday River and SugarLoaf and will use up the Kton days and I want to go back to Sugarbush to ski Mount Ellen. I need to just quit work.

AND I want to go back to Mammoth THIS SUMMER to ski with the So Cal Mammoth Divas Again!! Summer skiing should not be a once in a lifetime experience it was so much fun July 2017!!
I want to to do it again! Wow I'm needy.. all these "WANTS to SKI Mts!"

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Hope it starts snowing soon and we can have a summer ski meet-up at Mammoth in June or July.

So far...skied about a week at Mammoth, pass worked great, and the one time I ate in the cafeteria they reminded me about my 10% discount. I also have Mammoth bucks so have to carry my old pass as well...in a different pocket so there is no confusion when scanning!

Planning another trip to Mammoth after the holidays (more snow, please!) and hopefully a trip to Colorado later in the month (more snow, please!)!!! THINK SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

Tvan

Angel Diva
DH had to replace his helmet at Stratton last week. The guy in the shop saw DH’s IKON pass on his sleeve and reminded us about the discount. He gave us 15% off on the purchase.

For those keeping score, yup. DH fell and cracked his helmet again. Green run, going slow, caught an edge. Thank goodness for helmets.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^ not liking the cracking the helmet, just the 15% off! Glad he's OK!!

marzNC

Angel Diva
DH had to replace his helmet at Stratton last week. The guy in the shop saw DH’s IKON pass on his sleeve and reminded us about the discount. He gave us 15% off on the purchase.

For those keeping score, yup. DH fell and cracked his helmet again. Green run, going slow, caught an edge. Thank goodness for helmets.
That's what he gets for being on a snowboard. :wink:

Glad he's okay. What color helmet now?

Tvan

Angel Diva
@marzNC - LOL! His new helmet is a really nice steel grey color.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Used my 5 Ikon days at Taos last week. They give a multiday lift ticket if you are going to ski 5 consecutive days, which was the plan since I was taking a Ski Week. I started on MLK weekend, which was blacked out for Ikon Base but I also have the MCP so used the included 2 days for the weekend.

Got 10% discount when I ate at the resort cafeteria. So I kept the Ikon pass with me even though I didn't need it for the lifts.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There were more people using Ikon at Taos last week. Per usual, not everyone bothers to read signs. There was a group of three adults trying to get themselves together on the same chair for Lift 1 yesterday shortly after it opened at 9:00. (I noticed because one man pushed ahead of me to join the other two.) But they expected to be able to use their Ikon passes direct-to-lift. Weren't too happy to be told they had to go back to the season pass/Ikon/MCP office. That office has lots of big signs that say "IKON/MCP."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly