• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon Pass stories for 2018-19

marzNC

Angel Diva
5 hour drive, but with the seasonal rental....
Still beats my location in the southeast. Snowshoe in WV is a 6-7 hour drive from Raleigh and there are very limited lodging options besides resort condos/rooms. Only has around 200 acres compared to over 600 for Tremblant. The two relatively long black runs at Snowshoe (Western Territory) would be blue at Tremblant, and take under five minutes to finish.

marzNC

Angel Diva
With Killington staying open into June, along with Mammoth and Squaw open until July 7th, wonder how many Ikon 2018-19 passholders will get in bonus ski days who didn't renew for 2019-20. I imagine there are new Ikon passholders who bought at the early bird price in Mar-Apr 2019 in order to get in some spring skiing.

Anyone remember which resort(s) in the northeast opened in 2018 after Killington? Having at least one location within driving distance open during early, early season as well as long after other resorts are closed is presumably a reason for someone in the northeast to choose Ikon over Epic. Especially if a May/June trip to Mammoth is possible, as a few Divas are doing soon.

MissySki

Angel Diva
With Killington staying open into June, along with Mammoth and Squaw open until July 7th, wonder how many Ikon 2018-19 passholders will get in bonus ski days who didn't renew for 2019-20. I imagine there are new Ikon passholders who bought at the early bird price in Mar-Apr 2019 in order to get in some spring skiing.

Anyone remember which resort(s) in the northeast opened in 2018 after Killington? Having at least one location within driving distance open during early, early season as well as long after other resorts are closed is presumably a reason for someone in the northeast to choose Ikon over Epic. Especially if a May/June trip to Mammoth is possible, as a few Divas are doing soon.

Sunday River is always usually around the same day as Killington for opening. Sometimes it’s the same day or off by a day or two, but relatively close.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sunday River is always usually around the same day as Killington for opening. Sometimes it’s the same day or off by a day or two, but relatively close.
Was Sunday River open before Thanksgiving last fall? I skied Killington on my way to Boston for the holiday week. I'm used to a few places being open the weekend after Thanksgiving. Opening by mid-November seems more unusual.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Was Sunday River open before Thanksgiving last fall? I skied Killington on my way to Boston for the holiday week. I'm used to a few places being open the weekend after Thanksgiving. Opening by mid-November seems more unusual.

I honestly don’t remember a time they’re ever NOT open by Thanksgiving! In 2018 they opened on Friday October 19’th (same as Killington). They always aim for being open by Halloween, sometimes it’s earlier and sometimes it’s a little later, but usually somewhere around there. Of course there are some years that are better than others by Thanksgiving, but it’s skiing..

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Loved using the IKON.. just returned from 4 days skiing at Mammoth, topped off my Year with 70 days! Still lurking airfares for perhaps another long weekend at Mammoth.. Already going into the summer sadness.. sure it's green, but it's buggy, sure it's pretty to see flowers but it's hot. I need to retire and be able to go ski more!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna