• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon Options for 2020/2021

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ikon blinked, I just got the email. Ikon Adventure Assurance has been expanded. Sounds like as long as you haven't used a 2020-21 Ikon pass at all, you'll be able to defer it to the following season any time during the fall or winter. It's called Zero-Day Credit. The decision window starts Sept. 10, 2020 and goes all the way to April 11, 2021. Before you had to decide by Dec. 10, 2020. Also assurance that there will be credit if resorts close at some point in the coming season.

Deadline is now June 17.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance

More Time to Defer Your Unused 20/21 Pass*
For any reason, if you don’t use your 20/21 Ikon Pass, you will have the option to defer the purchase price paid for your 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit — no questions asked. Now, you can make this decision anytime between September 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021 (previously September 10 - December 10, 2020).

Added Assurance Due to Possible COVID-19 Closures*
In addition, should any eligible Ikon Pass destination close due to COVID-19 between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, Ikon Pass holders will receive a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 12.34.00 PM.png

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ikon blinked, I just got the email. Ikon Adventure Assurance has been expanded. Sounds like as long as you haven't used a 2020-21 Ikon pass at all, you'll be able to defer it to the following season any time during the fall or winter. It's called Zero-Day Credit. The decision window starts Sept. 10, 2020 and goes all the way to April 11, 2021. Before you had to decide by Dec. 10, 2020. Also assurance that there will be credit if resorts close at some point in the coming season.

Deadline is now June 17.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance

More Time to Defer Your Unused 20/21 Pass*
For any reason, if you don’t use your 20/21 Ikon Pass, you will have the option to defer the purchase price paid for your 20/21 Ikon Pass to a 21/22 Ikon Pass using the new Zero-Day Credit — no questions asked. Now, you can make this decision anytime between September 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021 (previously September 10 - December 10, 2020).

Added Assurance Due to Possible COVID-19 Closures*
In addition, should any eligible Ikon Pass destination close due to COVID-19 between December 10, 2020 and April 11, 2021, Ikon Pass holders will receive a proportional credit towards any 21/22 Ikon Pass.

View attachment 13057

Wow, their sales must be bad if they are now giving all season to rollover if unused! That’s great though. I wish this applied to the Ikon base passes included with Sunday River’s Platinum pass (and at other mountains), but I don’t think it does. So I’ll likely be sticking to my gold pass that I finally purchased today, and deal with the potential for traveling west later if necessary. The Gold New England pass at least does give some free and discounted days at other Boyne Resorts like Big Sky, and then it also gives 50% off at Mountain Collective Pass locations.

mustski

Angel Diva
That was good enough for me. I purchased my Ikon pass today. The all destinations option was the best one as far as I could ascertain. The one destination requires 7 CONSECUTIVE days of closure. That's a big loophole in my opinion. Besides, I suspect that if they close BBMR, they will also close most Western destinations.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wow, their sales must be bad if they are now giving all season to rollover if unused!
Hard to say. I've heard from several people who expected they would get Ikon before the deadline for the renewal discount but were waiting until the last minute. I'd guess there has been plenty of feedback aka complaints about having to decide before the season started about whether or not to defer. Fair to say that the situation we find ourselves in for planning future travel and/or ski days is changing week-to-week. At least it's not day-to-day as it seemed to be a couple months ago.

Jilly

Staff member
Waiting till the last day, then doing the payment plan. Hopefully the loonie will rise against the $.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Question for anyone that this scenario applies to: If you purchased an Ikon pass for for the 18/19 season but didn't purchase one for the 19/20 season but wanted to purchase for the 20/21 season did they let you apply a renewal discount to your 20/21 pass?
Curious if this above scenario applies to anyone.
My assumption would be that they would not let you apply the renewal discount to the 20/21 since you skipped a year and were not technically "renewing". But I was just curious as to how this may have worked for people, as I'm still weighing whether to buy the pass for next year or not.

It seems likely that I won't be flying to ski in 20/21. If I buy now and end up deferring at least I can take advantage of this years renewal price so I'll have an $800 credit toward the following year price . . .and there is the chance I'd be given the renewal pricing for the following year as well since even though I deferred it, I technically was a pass holder or at least purchaser for the 20/21 season. If I don't buy now and skip a year then I don't get to take advantage of any renewal pricing I'd assume.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Question for anyone that this scenario applies to: If you purchased an Ikon pass for for the 18/19 season but didn't purchase one for the 19/20 season but wanted to purchase for the 20/21 season did they let you apply a renewal discount to your 20/21 pass?
Curious if this above scenario applies to anyone.
My assumption would be that they would not let you apply the renewal discount to the 20/21 since you skipped a year and were not technically "renewing". But I was just curious as to how this may have worked for people, as I'm still weighing whether to buy the pass for next year or not.
If I don't buy now and skip a year then I don't get to take advantage of any renewal pricing I'd assume.
I agree with your thinking that if you ski a year then you wouldn't get a renewal discount when deciding to get Ikon again. So buying now with a renewal discount, and then deferring to 2021-22 in the fall makes more sense if strictly looking at the cost of an Ikon pass for someone who had one 2019-20.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I agree with your thinking that if you ski a year then you wouldn't get a renewal discount when deciding to get Ikon again. So buying now with a renewal discount, and then deferring to 2021-22 in the fall makes more sense if strictly looking at the cost of an Ikon pass for someone who had one 2019-20.
Oops . . . of course I meant "skip a year" not "ski a year."

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For those considering Ikon - do you understand the options they are providing as far as choosing “all resorts” vs “one resort” in their adventure assurance plan? I’m looking at the examples in their website and it makes no sense to me. For extra context, I would likely spend most of the time in the northeast so Stratton/ Killington/ Tremblant.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
For those considering Ikon - do you understand the options they are providing as far as choosing “all resorts” vs “one resort” in their adventure assurance plan? I’m looking at the examples in their website and it makes no sense to me. For extra context, I would likely spend most of the time in the northeast so Stratton/ Killington/ Tremblant.
The way I read it, the credit is a ratio of the number of days the resorts were closed to the total number of days between 12/10/2020 and 4/11/2021 (123 days) for the relevant resorts.

If you choose all resorts, the total number of possible days is 123 days times 40 resorts = 4,920 resort days. If one resort closed for 2 days and another resort closed for 8 days, your credit is (8+2)/4,920.

If you choose one resort, the total number of possible days is 123 resort days. That particular resort has to close for 7 consecutive or 20 total days before you get any credit. If that one resort is closed for 10 days consecutively, for example, the credit is 10/123. You don’t get any credit for any other resorts closing.

Clear as mud?

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, I get it... funny that someone had to think of such a convoluted way to do it... I guess if you think your home resort could be seriously impacted then you would pick the second option. That said I don’t really see a situation where a shutdown in one area / Region doesn’t lead to a shut down everywhere else especially since people fly in to ski to a lot of places.

Patronainthe801

Certified Ski Diva
Finally caved to Ikon's for DH and I so that we can hopefully access Big Sky in MT, and Deer Valley & Alta/Snowbasin in UT. I figure if we can get in 7-10 days between any of those 3, we will break even, if not hopefully will have saved a little. Silently praying that if Snowbasin closes, we can ski the Ikon locations as backup. Here's to hoping we get a full season this year!

mustski

Angel Diva
If you get in 4 days at any of those, you will break even unless you have a really good connection for discounted lift tickets.

Jilly

Staff member
Pulling the trigger tonight. Ikon base. That's what I need for Tremblant. If they don't open for some reason...OK.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m so torn, the double discount and kid pass discounts are so tempting to pass up... and I hope that having a pass will provide an advantage over day pass tickets if a reservation system is put in place.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’m so torn, the double discount and kid pass discounts are so tempting to pass up... and I hope that having a pass will provide an advantage over day pass tickets if a reservation system is put in place.
Since you have a fair amount of time to defer to 2021-22 in the fall, not too much of a financial risk to put down money now to get the renewal discount.

Vail Resorts is rolling out ticket sales for both non-passholders and Epic holders in Australia starting this week. Thredbo tried a completely different approach that gave passholders discounted prices but no advantage when it came to getting a ticket/reservation. A-Basin ran into issues not giving A-Basin passholders some level of priority over Ikon holders. My guess is that those experiences will serve to help individual ski resorts and multi-resort companies to develop processes to limit capacity in a way that serves to keep passholders of all types happy.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looks like the June 17 deadline will hold. There is a countdown clock on the Ikon homepage.

Screen shot on June 16, 2020
Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 1.10.01 PM.jpg

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm in for the 7 Day. I'll be hopeful we'll be skiing. There are enough Eastern Mts to beat the pass but I'll hope flying is doable so I can go west.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I bit on the Base pass, with plans to supplement with a Mad River Glen weekday pass once they go on sale. Already have my uphill pass at Bolton Valley.

Hard to say no to MRG this upcoming season even if I’m less proficient on 2 planks. It’s 25 minutes from my house door to door (i.e. closer than my office) and if we’re working from home indefinitely...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly