• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon Options for 2020/2021

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Nice! I had heard some rumors that Jackson Hole was dropping off the pass entirely. Glad it’s not true.

But it also makes sense that they are a surcharge on the base pass; I’m sure their reimbursement rate is high and that it’s quite likely to be a money-loser for the pass....

marzNC

Angel Diva
But it also makes sense that they are a surcharge on the base pass; I’m sure their reimbursement rate is high and that it’s quite likely to be a money-loser for the pass....
Even if JH and Aspen/Snowmass do okay from a revenue standpoint, doing something to address the complaints about Ikon holders has marketing value. Even if those complaints are not necessarily based on the number of travelers using Ikon vs local powder hounds on powder days. Both resorts need to maintain a reputation of being worth the extra travel cost or travel time.

The $150 add-on for 5 days at JH and Aspen/Snowmass when buying the 2020-21 Base Ikon should be considered in comparison to $300 more for Full Ikon. Full Ikon includes 7 days at JH and Aspen/Snowmass. What any destination resort wants is to attract people who are going to stay for an entire week, even if in end those people don't ski every day during their ski vacation.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I saw this! Now I wonder if I should switch my trip to Aspen instead... I probably should, huh?
Depends on what you want out of the trip. As you found when doing the detailed planning, lift tickets are only a part of the puzzle. Travel time/costs and lodging are usually a bigger consideration for folks who have to fly to ski at big mountains on a multi-resort pass.

3 days is not enough to get a good feel for the four Aspen mountains. Snowmass takes 2 days by itself, even if only exploring green/blue groomers. It's just that big and spread out. For an intermediate, Buttermilk deserves at least half a day by itself. I've done two trips to Aspen. The first was 3 days during late season. The second included 4 days of skiing. For me as an advanced skier, that's enough to know whether or not I want to go back but I've barely scratched the surface of Snowmass and Highlands.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Next season’s Ikon passes go on sale soon, here are the details including some new options on the base pass and a whole new 4 day pass as well. Looks like you have to add on the big players to the base pass if you want them included now: Jackson Hole and Aspen.

For the east coast divas, Sugarbush is now unlimited as expected.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/shop-passes
Thanks for the early warning! Sales start on March 5, 2020, with a renewal discount for early birds. The 4-day Ikon is based on the idea that $100 per day is a good price for a destination resort. Same price model as the Epic Day pass for 4-7 days.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 8.41.01 AM.png

$150 to add 5 days each to Ikon Base for Jackson Hole and Aspen/Snowmass

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Depends on what you want out of the trip. As you found when doing the detailed planning, lift tickets are only a part of the puzzle. Travel time/costs and lodging are usually a bigger consideration for folks who have to fly to ski at big mountains on a multi-resort pass.

3 days is not enough to get a good feel for the four Aspen mountains. Snowmass takes 2 days by itself, even if only exploring green/blue groomers. It's just that big and spread out. For an intermediate, Buttermilk deserves at least half a day by itself. I've done two trips to Aspen. The first was 3 days during late season. The second included 4 days of skiing. For me as an advanced skier, that's enough to know whether or not I want to go back but I've barely scratched the surface of Snowmass and Highlands.

So true. Just like getting Disney annual passes... it’s the other costs that kill the deal! (Any Disney Moms on here?!?) So much of the world to ski so little time!

mustski

Angel Diva
Even if they apply the renewal savings of upgrading from base to full, it’s $250 more. It’s worth it if you plan traveling to both JH and Aspen. Otherwise, the add on is a better option.

Christy

Angel Diva
Wow.

I can't believe they once again put Crystal on the full unlimited, no blackout pass. After all the trouble and bad publicity they had. That sucks.

Does anyone know – – the list of resorts you can only ski five days seems really long this year. Is this a big change from last year for those resorts? Or maybe I just didn't notice last year.

It seems like a no-brainer to put Crystal on a list like that. It is such a strange business decision to have an unlimited pass for $649–699 and then be so busy you have to stop selling walk up lift tickets.

mustski

Angel Diva
Yes. I noticed that too. I think some of them moved to 5 days only on the base pass but are unlimited on the premium pass.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, bummer. We were seriously considering going from Epic to Ikon next year, but the main draw was planning a trip to Aspen. I don’t know it it’s worth it if we get Vail and Beaver Creek on the Epic local. Epic will probably be a better value for us.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wouldnt most people just shell out the extra 150 to get the full ikon pass though? Then you don’t have blackout dates...

This is what I'm likely to do. I liked Aspen so much this year that I may go twice next season. Ajax is getting to be my favorite mountain.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is what I'm likely to do. I liked Aspen so much this year that I may go twice next season. Ajax is getting to be my favorite mountain.
Full IKON will get you only 7 days at Aspen. There are a bunch of locations on the full IKON that are not unlimited. The pass decision is frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly