• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon Options for 2020/2021

Christy

Angel Diva
My husband is going to get one, but I'm not. It turns out I end up skiing where I want to ski rather than where I have a pass and so can't always make these pay; I certainly lost money on Ikon this year. Even with the uncertainty of possibly having to make reservations my husband pointed out that he has to make reservations 2 weeks in advance to get a tee time (pre-Covid), so he doesn't think reserving is a big deal--as long as you CAN do it a reasonable amount of time in advance.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A few Alterra resorts allow an Ikon pass to be linked to a credit card for resort charges. Here's the list as of July 2020.

Steamboat
Winter Park
Snowshoe
Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Stratton
Tremblant

marzNC

Angel Diva
Anyone who plans to use Ikon as a season pass for their home mountain may want to consider choosing Option 2 for Adventure Assurance between Sept. 10 and Dec. 10. At least I think that's the reason that alternative exists. Got a reminder email today.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 1.43.12 PM.png

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone who plans to use Ikon as a season pass for their home mountain may want to consider choosing Option 2 for Adventure Assurance between Sept. 10 and Dec. 10. At least I think that's the reason that alternative exists. Got a reminder email today.

View attachment 13498

I started a thread about this, if anyone's interested in discussing it. You can find it here.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday Alterra announced a limited reservations system that will apply to select IKON destinations. Most mountains, including the majority of the pass' Northeast ski areas and all of Alterra's owned resorts, will not require reservations. But you'll need them to ski Windham, Loon, A-Basin, Jackson Hole, Summit Snow, and Brighton.

Christy

Angel Diva
Yesterday Alterra announced a limited reservations system that will apply to select IKON destinations. Most mountains, including the majority of the pass' Northeast ski areas and all of Alterra's owned resorts, will not require reservations. But you'll need them to ski Windham, Loon, A-Basin, Jackson Hole, Summit Snow, and Brighton.

I would love to know why they chose those mountains for reservations and not others. What do those even have in common? It's a real mix of ski areas very close to urban areas and destinations, and big and small.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I would love to know why they chose those mountains for reservations and not others. What do those even have in common? It's a real mix of ski areas very close to urban areas and destinations, and big and small.

I don't know about the rest, but Loon is absolutely for crowd control. They get mobbed on weekends and are trying to avoid restricting their own passholders and people like me who are on the New England pass which includes them. Close to Boston and straight off the highway. Sunday River and Sugarloaf in ME (also owned by Boyne like Loon) are much further from population centers and too far for many day trippers, so I think thy are going to try and not restrict Ikon to start at those places but could certainly move that way if necessary before affecting their own passholders.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I decided to start a new thread specifically for the Ikon reservation info. It started to make sense when I considered ownership in addition to local situations based on how crowded a ski resort typically gets on weekends.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...n-it-comes-to-lift-access-reservations.25050/

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hadn't come across this Ikon webpage before. It's a useful table, although I wish it was organized by region and not just alphabetically. Screen shot below is just the start of the list.

The Alterra resort with limited access is Deer Valley. The Ikon Partners that provide unlimited access are Copper and Eldora, which are owned by Powdr.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/access-details

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 8.36.15 PM.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly