• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon info for 2019-2020 has begun to dribble out

Sparky

Angel Diva
In addition to free ski expo tickets, IKON apparently has “stoke events” In certain cities. We had no idea until DH got an email invite, and we’re not sure why some people got the invite and some didn’t. We just attended the Seattle one - it was basically a gathering of IKON pass holders where they provided apps and a free drink and some swag by a couple of mountain sponsors. Reps from Crystal and Revelstoke were there, and also CMH who had VR goggles which was pretty cool. Otherwise there really wasn’t much to it, but I suppose fun to meet people or go with a small group to hang out for a couple of hours.

Here‘s the schedule of events in case anyone’s interested. https://www.ikonpass.com/en/trade-shows-and-in-person-events

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I logged on the IKON site to check on DH's pass as he has not received it yet.
I was pleasantly surprised to see it was updated with a "Season Overview" tabs for 18/19 and 19/20.
Clicking on last seasons tab displayed every day I skied at different mountains.
My local mountain's site had dropped the tracking of "number of days" skied, so it was kind of fun to see how last year tallied up.

Jilly

Staff member
In addition to free ski expo tickets, IKON apparently has “stoke events” In certain cities. We had no idea until DH got an email invite, and we’re not sure why some people got the invite and some didn’t. We just attended the Seattle one - it was basically a gathering of IKON pass holders where they provided apps and a free drink and some swag by a couple of mountain sponsors. Reps from Crystal and Revelstoke were there, and also CMH who had VR goggles which was pretty cool. Otherwise there really wasn’t much to it, but I suppose fun to meet people or go with a small group to hang out for a couple of hours.

Here‘s the schedule of events in case anyone’s interested. https://www.ikonpass.com/en/trade-shows-and-in-person-events

Went to one last year at Tremblant. Didn't win anythng, but I never do. Appy's were good, cupcakes and your choice of a free drink. Yellow or blue...have see what they do this year.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are a lot of deals out there for Ikon to save $50. Also have seen more than one drawing where at least one Ikon pass is a prize. The deal with Costco hasn't re-appeared though.

In the spring, there was a process for creating a "group" deal that allowed people to get the Early Bird price during the summer. TGR had someone who created a group for his friends as well as TGR members who noticed in time.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I wonder where they get these dates.. Sunday River doesn’t have a set date to my knowledge, they just say “as soon as possible” yet here it says November 9th. They always target Halloween or sooner if possible, and usually open the same or within a day of Killington.. so this doesn’t seem like it would be correct to me. Guess we’ll see!
Guess someone messed up for Sunday River when it was listed as opening Nov. 9. It's one of the TBD locations as of Oct. 29. Presumably Killington and SR will open well before Thanksgiving. With the cold snap in Utah, Brighton may set an opening date soon.

Blue Mountain, Brighton, Killington, Cypress Mountain, Sunday River

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/opening-closing-dates

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yeah, usually both Killington and SR would be open already! We’ve been stuck with frustratingly warm overnight temps for awhile now! Looks like that will start changing Friday night/Saturday morning, fingers crossed!!! So the Nov 9 estimate was actually probably pretty good this year..! Depending if the forecast holds and how much snow they can produce, I’m assuming they’ll be opening sometime this coming week (though it’d be amazing if they got open Sunday since I’ll be up this weekend anyway! Haha.. probably Monday at the earliest is more likely for someone to open if we’re lucky).

Jilly

Staff member
I don't see Blue Mountain opening any time soon. It's been too warm here to make snow. They are usually the first of December. Tremblant is still saying November 22. I'm starting to wonder. But the long range forecast, I suspect, that they will turn on the guns middle of next week.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Boston stoke event is at Kings Dining and Entertainment. However there is no mention of which one. I'm assuming it will be at the Seaport location since that is close to the Ski Expo.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River has finally set their opening day for this Saturday. I am SO excited!!! Hoping it’s top to bottom.. they have been blowing down on a couple of trails, temps are going to be good coming up for a big snowmaking window, and there is a chance for 4-6 inches of natural tonight supposedly.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Doesn't change anything for 2019-20, but Sugarloaf just announced that there is an agreement for Alterra to purchase most of the assets in the next few months. The management team is not changing, including the CEO Win Smith.

Could mean unlimited access for Ikon holders at Sugarloaf for 2020-21 I suppose.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Doesn't change anything for 2019-20, but Sugarloaf just announced that there is an agreement for Alterra to purchase most of the assets in the next few months. The management team is not changing, including the CEO Win Smith.

Could mean unlimited access for Ikon holders at Sugarloaf for 2020-21 I suppose.

Sugarbush, not Sugarloaf :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
I do wish the Northeast Boyne resorts were the pick up for Alterra!! Haha
Not too likely. Boyne Resorts is considered one of the "big" multi-region, multi-resort companies at this point, along with Powdr (Killington/Pico, Copper, Bachelor, Woodward, etc.). There are good reasons that Boyne kept full ownership of Big Sky even when they needed to sell Loon/SR/Sugarloaf to a real estate holding company in financial lean times. Now that Boyne has bought everything back, they are moving full steam ahead on implementing improvement plans that have probably been envisioned for a decade or more. By partnering with Alterra for the Ikon pass, it's a win-win-win situation for all three companies to compete with VR and the Epic pass.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Brighton quietly opened a few runs today, Nov. 19. The Ikon Open/Close list was updated. Only leaves Cypress with an opening date TBD.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna