• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon info for 2019-2020 has begun to dribble out

MissySki

Angel Diva
I was able to choose 1 for my ticket amount when redeeming. Not sure if it’s based on how many passes are associated with the account or something.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Must have been a glitch on mine. I was only able to choose 1 for the ticket amount each time when redeeming, but they sent me 2 codes in my initial email, but I'm the only IKON pass holder in the family. So, yeah, I redeemed both. Guess I'm going to the ski show twice :smile:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Haha nice!

This year I think I’ll only be able to go on Thursday night since I’ll presumably be heading to Sunday River to ski on the weekend. Anyone planning to go Thursday? If so, maybe we could do an early dinner and then head there or vice versa.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like to go on the Thursday since that is the quietest day. You can really get a good look around without the crowds. And if it looks like there is one day on the weekend with a larger number of Divas to meet up with, I might go then too. It's just a quick ride on the T for me, so easy to get to.

I can't remember, is there a MOTH started yet for this year's Boston Ski Expo?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Has anyone heard any speculation about Killington opening this coming Friday?? I went to drop my skis off for a tune in NH yesterday, and the shop guy who got me checked in was talking to someone else about Killington announcing an opening date. I of course chimed right in trying to figure out what he was talking about. His details were pretty vague, but he thought he saw something on Facebook from Killington (um not that I can find?!?) or a friend who works there. I definitely didn’t hear anything like this from the mountain, or anyone else online who follows them closely and would likely pass this info on, I would find it unusual for them to announce it so far in advance because it seems to usually be the day before, and there hasn’t seemed to be a large snowmaking weather window forecast that I know of. So, I think this guy either misread something, or it was insider info that isn’t public yet.. If he is mistaken I’m kind of like what kind of shop person are you that i just entrusted with my ski care?!? This sounds suspicious to me! :crazy: :rotf:

Anyway, curious if any of our resident Killington divas have heard anything similiar?

Jilly

Staff member
Doesn't Killington have an "insiders" facebook page? Might be there. Or just local rumour to get everyone excited.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Doesn't Killington have an "insiders" facebook page? Might be there. Or just local rumour to get everyone excited.

Ohhhhh maybe? If they do, I’m definitely not one of the insiders haha. This could be what he was talking about if it exists though. I wish it would get colder, everything I’m seeing weather wise doesn’t seem to indicate good snowmaking windows this week.. unless the next storm system they’re watching is able to pull some colder air in than is currently expected.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone heard any speculation about Killington opening this coming Friday?? I went to drop my skis off for a tune in NH yesterday, and the shop guy who got me checked in was talking to someone else about Killington announcing an opening date. I of course chimed right in trying to figure out what he was talking about. His details were pretty vague, but he thought he saw something on Facebook from Killington (um not that I can find?!?) or a friend who works there. I definitely didn’t hear anything like this from the mountain, or anyone else online who follows them closely and would likely pass this info on, I would find it unusual for them to announce it so far in advance because it seems to usually be the day before, and there hasn’t seemed to be a large snowmaking weather window forecast that I know of. So, I think this guy either misread something, or it was insider info that isn’t public yet.. If he is mistaken I’m kind of like what kind of shop person are you that i just entrusted with my ski care?!? This sounds suspicious to me! :crazy::rotf:

Anyway, curious if any of our resident Killington divas have heard anything similiar?

I was just over there this morning at the ski swap, and I can't imagine them opening this coming Friday. Things would have to change drastically, that's for sure.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I was just over there this morning at the ski swap, and I can't imagine them opening this coming Friday. Things would have to change drastically, that's for sure.

Thanks for confirming, I figured this was the case, but I was hoping I’d just missed something haha. How was the swap? I was at the Wachusett one yesterday and only bought a full priced (well 10% off) Smartwool baselayer at the shop. Lol The ski selection was very minimal this year, at least when I was there. Probably should have gone earlier in the day. Was hoping there might be some cheapo powder ski find to play around with, but this is usually unlikely there. The only real powder skis I saw were men’s that were WAY too long for me. Fun to look around though.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The swap started Friday night, so the pickings were pretty slim this morning. I managed to find a pair of skis for my grandson, which is why I went over there. So yay for me! Didn't look at anything else.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haven’t been to any of the swaps but have been seeing some interesting used skis for sale locally. @MissySki - sent a pm with a link to some powder skis

Jenny

Angel Diva
Boyne Country Sports just opened a location in Grand Rapids - before this the only location I knew of that wasn't at the ski hills was one in Petoskey. Top prize for their Grand Opening Celebration Drawing is an IKON pass. I already have one, but entered anyway - not that I ever win this kind of thing . . .

Bookworm

Angel Diva
Boyne Country Sports just opened a location in Grand Rapids - before this the only location I knew of that wasn't at the ski hills was one in Petoskey. Top prize for their Grand Opening Celebration Drawing is an IKON pass. I already have one, but entered anyway - not that I ever win this kind of thing . . .
Ooh! I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a work trip up the GR-Ann Arbor way. I'll have to do some shopping!

marzNC

Angel Diva
As planned, the prices for Ikon passes increased this week. Full Ikon went up $50 for adults (23+), a bit more for Young Adults (13-22) and kids. Ikon Base also went up $50 to $799. Those who bought back in the spring saved $100, or $130 if they got the $30 renewal discount.

Unlike Summer/Fall 2018, there weren't any additions to Ikon since the spring. The full list is in Post #20. There is a list of Opening Dates on the Ikon website (click on Unlock Winter on the Ikon homepage).

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/i...0-has-begun-to-dribble-out.23696/#post-384952

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 9.37.07 AM.png

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
Something of interest to those of us north of the border....I paid for my pass using the payment plan. Ikon stated that they couldn't tell me just what the payment would be because of the exchange on the dollar. But I did it anyways. So I made the last payment September 1. I went back to the initial payment exchange rate. If I had paid the full amount then, it would have cost me $7.20 more. Not much, but it will buy a coffee at Starbucks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly