• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon info for 2019-2020 has begun to dribble out

alison wong

Angel Diva
I got my IKON pass in the mail today! No lanyard but lots of stickers, big and small. There’s a key ring thingie too.
As soon as I saw your post, pretty sure I would receive it today as well. I was right, got it in mail today.
Yes, lots of stickers. What do I do with them?

MissySki

Angel Diva
@diymom looks like MA is being left out!! Haha I haven’t gotten mine yet either, but seeing people all over the Ski the East and Ikon Passholders groups on Facebook posting that they’ve gotten theirs the last few days. I’ve seen people from all over, including CT and NH getting theirs, where are ours? Ski magazine starting arriving as well today and I haven’t gotten that either. Boo

Jilly

Staff member
You get mail on Saturday?! I suspect mine will be later as Canada seems to another world!!

mustski

Angel Diva
We got half of them. We got the new additions - passes for DS and his GF. Hopefully, ours come this week.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish they didn't include something made with soft plastic - the keychain is not really environmentally friendly/ etc and not my choice for something I would chose to handle everyday.

PVC? phthalate free?

Last edited:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
+1 with @ski diva . They could've just re-activated last year's pass. That's what technology is for.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I know that on social media everyone has been excitedly showing off their new passes arriving along with the stickers etc. Someone posted in the Ikon group that they didn’t think they should include all of this stuff and had a whole lot of people disagreeing.. either they liked it all for stoke sake, or their kids did stuff with it etc. So it does appear there are two opinions here from the overall target audience. However, a good idea that came out of the “discussion” was that it would be nice if Ikon gave you the option at checkout of whether you want to receive all of the stuff or not. Then everyone can get what they want without restricting or forcing it on everyone else with a different preference. I guess I always expected a new pass since that’s what I get at my regular mountain, do some places not provide a new one each year?

I think going to ski expos you can agree that people love swag, they pack their bags full of stickers, trail maps, posters, key chains, etc etc etc., so I’m not surprised that a lot of people like it in this case as well. I like the stickers, but the rest I could do without.

Side note, I’m able to see my mail electronically before it’s delivered, and it looks like my pass should finally be here today!!! I’ve been really annoyed seeing everyone else’s coming in and mine being absent haha.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Me! But this year I’m going to limit it to the things I actually use— goggle wipes and lip balm. Can’t ever seem to have enough of those.

Agreed! My first year or two I took everything I could, and then realized I didn’t have a use for a lot of it. Now I limit it to what I know I’ll use.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess I always expected a new pass since that’s what I get at my regular mountain, do some places not provide a new one each year?
Mammoth pass of the past just carried on. But maybe there's a good reason to get a new pass that I'm just not aware of, from the tech point of view, after all.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
My local mountains season passes were different color every year, but the Epic pass stays the same if you renew for the same pass.

Re: swag — my guess is it’d cost more to put together separate packages than the pennies for the swag you are throwing away. Then there would be people who’d call up and ask for them ‘cause they changed their mind, or they didn’t get them but said yes, etc.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yay, got my yellow envelope!
I just wish the mountain scene and stickers were Colorforms so I could keep re-creating my unique mountain adventure :smile:

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did emailed the contact for the Ikon pass regarding the plastic key chain not being environmentally friendly. I received an interesting prompt response. The person I emailed hadn't seen the packet, didn't know what was in it but told me to give the key chain to the ticket counter at my resort, that way they could "recycle" it to someone who wanted it. They will forward my comments to the appropriate department.

They need some marketing help.

Lilia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Toronto ski pal has received his Ikon today.
May be the previous pass holders are receiving it first.
Nothing for me as a new passholder yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly