• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon info for 2019-2020 has begun to dribble out

marzNC

Angel Diva
A change for adults buying for children ages 5-12 is that can buy up to two $199 child Ikon passes for each adult Ikon pass. That makes a difference for a family of 4 with two young kids, or a parent who skis with two children on a regular basis. I know there are families with two parents where one does enough skiing to justify a multi-resort or season pass but the other doesn't. Plus there are plenty of single parents with more than one child.

SkadiSkiGrrl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It looks like the new passes go on sale in the beginning March. Prices are only rising $20 a pass for those who are renewing and will cost $50 more for new pass holders. Since it will include the rest of this season at a good number of resorts, that's probably still a good deal.
https://www.ikonpass.com/?utm_campa...=alterra_loon_partnership&utm_medium=Referral

My question is ... which 2 resorts have unlimited access on the regular pass that are not on the base pass? That could be a huge deal breaker for me.

can a moderator fix the title for me to 2019-2020? I didn't notice the mistake until I hit save.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just in case someone hasn't been reading the other Ikon thread, the price goes up $100 after April 24 for 2019-20. The $30 discount for renewal also goes away I think.

Note that if undecided between Ikon Base and Full Ikon, it's possible to call and upgrade to Full later.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Getting clear on how Ikon works for the Southern hemisphere. The period that works is after the N. American season. If buy a 2019-20 Ikon pass in Spring 2019, then can use it three ways:

1) During late season at the end of the N. American 2018-19 season. For example, at Mammoth or Squaw until early July.

2) In the Southern Hemisphere during summer 2019 (mainly July-Aug)
• Valle Nevado in Chile
• Thredbo in Australia
• Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt in New Zealand

3) During the 2019-20 season in N. America (mainly Dec-Apr)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Getting clear on how Ikon works for the Southern hemisphere. The period that works is after the N. American season. If buy a 2019-20 Ikon pass in Spring 2019, then can use it three ways:

1) During late season at the end of the N. American 2018-19 season. For example, at Mammoth or Squaw until early July.

2) In the Southern Hemisphere during summer 2019 (mainly July-Aug)
• Valle Nevado in Chile
• Thredbo in Australia

3) During the 2019-20 season in N. America (mainly Dec-Apr)
Said it correctly but then wrote it up wrong . . . I'm really used to the MCP, which provides days in the Southern Hemisphere the summer before the N. American season. The FAQ for Ikon about Pass Access is pretty clear for Global Access (outside N. America).

If buy a 2019-20 Ikon pass in Spring 2019, then can use it three ways:

1) During late season at the end of the N. American 2018-19 season. For example, at Mammoth or Squaw until early July 2019.

2) During the 2019-20 season in N. America (mainly Dec-Apr)

3) In the Southern Hemisphere during summer 2020 (mainly July-Sep)
• Valle Nevado in Chile
• Thredbo, Mt. Buller in Australia

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 9.28.19 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Alterra has a summer contest going on for winter stoke pictures. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes start with 2 days lodging at selected Ikon ski resorts. Australians clearly being encouraged to enter given that 1st prize also includes 2 nights at Thredbo in 2020. Entries accepted for a month, ending Aug. 17, 2019. Based on the funny videos on the entry page, snow may or may not be included in the picture.

https://lifted.ikonpass.com/its-not-winter

"Use #ItsNotWinter & tag @IkonPass with your post on social media (or upload a photo on this page) for the chance to win a 2-night trip next winter. First Place winner also wins 2 nights at Thredbo in NSW, Australia during the 2020 season for being the most eager winter enthusiast."

marzNC

Angel Diva
Alterra has a summer contest going on for winter stoke pictures. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes start with 2 days lodging at selected Ikon ski resorts. Australians clearly being encouraged to enter given that 1st prize also includes 2 nights at Thredbo in 2020. Entries accepted for a month, ending Aug. 17, 2019. Based on the funny videos on the entry page, snow may or may not be included in the picture.
Well, I was wrong about wanting pictures from Australians. Turns out that only U.S. residents can enter. So I guess the idea is to let Americans know that they could use an Ikon pass in Australia next summer.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Fairly significant addition announced by Alterra recently about A-Basin. Wonder what else will happen before December. Can't quite remember when Ikon goes off sale.

Ikon Pass Destinations by Location for 2019-20 - as of August 2, 2019

Washington: Crystal Mountain, The Summit at Snoqualmie
California: Squaw/Alpine, Mammoth, June, Big Bear

Montana: Big Sky
Wyoming: Jackson Hole
Utah: Deer Valley, Solitude, Brighton, Alta, Snowbird
Colorado: Aspen/Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park, Copper, Eldora, Arapahoe Basin
New Mexico: Taos Ski Valley

Michigan: Boyne Highlands, Boyne Mountain

Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
Vermont: Stratton, Killington/Pico, Sugarbush
West Virginia: Snowshoe

Alberta, Canada: SkiBig3 (Banff, LL, Norquay)
British Columbia, Canada: Revelstoke, Cypress Mountain, CMH Heli-Skiing
Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
Quebec, Canada: Tremblant

New South Wales, Australia: Thredbo, Mt Buller
South Island, New Zealand: Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt
Hokkaido, Japan: Niseko United
Central Andes, Chile: Valle Nevado

Southern Hemisphere destinations: 19/20 Ikon Pass holder access begins in the 2020 season, with special access to Mt Buller in 2019 and 2020 with the 19/20 Ikon Pass.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Come on Wachusett!! Lol
Was Wachusett ever on the MAX Pass? It would make a great partner for Ikon.

Even though I haven't skied there for a long time, now that Sugar in the NC mountains has upgraded their lifts it would be a good addition to Ikon for the NC/SC/GA market.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Was Wachusett ever on the MAX Pass? It would make a great partner for Ikon.

Even though I haven't skied there for a long time, now that Sugar in the NC mountains has upgraded their lifts it would be a good addition to Ikon for the NC/SC/GA market.

Yes, they were on the Max Pass. Also, at the Ski Expo last year I was told that they wanted to be on Ikon as well.. So I keep hoping!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yes, they were on the Max Pass. Also, at the Ski Expo last year I was told that they wanted to be on Ikon as well.. So I keep hoping!
Maybe time for emails to both Wawa and Alterra. :smile:

A Gore rep at the Boston Ski Expo told me to let Ikon know that adding the ORDA mountains would be a good idea. Only on MAX Pass for the last year but sounds like the staff liked the folks who used it to check out Gore. I know Mr. and Mrs. @Tvan like Belleayre.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
I’m in on writing letters to Ikon about adding ORDA

marzNC

Angel Diva
Perhaps it's always been the case, but just noticed the little "i" hot spots for the Ikon partner locations, which are called "select global destinations." Clicking on one shows how many days are covered. Since Mt. Buller was added in 2019 after the 2018-19 N. American season was over, Aussies who buy a 2019-20 Ikon pass can use it at Buller in 2019 and 2020.

The way Alta and Snowbird are listed makes it clear that Ikon works as an Alta/Snowbird combo pass. That was very confusing last fall. Especially since the MCP was combo, but is now separate (2 days each).

Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 9.40.36 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The tagline for the announcement on the Ikon homepage about adding A-Basin is "Ikon Pass unlocks the true spirit of Colorado with six iconic destinations in six unique mountain ranges." The hot spot link underneath to the Ikon webpage for A-Basin is labeled "Ride the Real Rockies." For anyone who hasn't heard of A-Basin, the little blurbs on that page are a good introduction. Short, to the point, and targets all abilities levels from beginners to experts who would enjoy hiking and/or the relatively new Beavers terrain.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/destinations/arapahoe-basin
"THE LEGEND
Founded by five pioneers of skiing—including an Olympian and veterans—Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opened in 1946 with one tow rope and a $1.25 lift ticket. It now offers more than 1,400 acres, nine lifts, a kid’s center and a new European bistro at 12,500 feet with panoramic mountain views. A-Basin is known as The Legend for having one of the longest ski and ride seasons in the world. The Basin is also a pure skier’s and snowboarder’s mountain and welcomes anyone and everyone whether they’re learning for the first time, looking for a serious challenge or simply tailgating with friends on The Beach.
. . ."

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Ikon website is actively encouraging people to consider ski safaris. For example, there is a proposed itinerary that covers all six Colorado locations based on flying into Denver that starts with A-Basin and ends with Eldora. Not exactly a relaxing vacation given that the idea is to ski one day at each location, then drive to spend one night near the next one.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventures/colorado-winter-road-trip

There are other "adventures" for the various regions, including an 3-day trip to ski New Zealand and Thredbo in Australia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly