• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon info for 2019-2020 has begun to dribble out

mustski

Angel Diva
It looks like the new passes go on sale in the beginning March. Prices are only rising $20 a pass for those who are renewing and will cost $50 more for new pass holders. Since it will include the rest of this season at a good number of resorts, that's probably still a good deal.
https://www.ikonpass.com/?utm_campa...=alterra_loon_partnership&utm_medium=Referral

My question is ... which 2 resorts have unlimited access on the regular pass that are not on the base pass? That could be a huge deal breaker for me.

can a moderator fix the title for me to 2019-2020? I didn't notice the mistake until I hit save.

mustski

Angel Diva
To answer my own question above, Steamboat and Stratton are unlimited on the Ikon pass but only 5 days each on the base pass. That works for me.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
More info here.

There's a discount if you have it and renew before 4/24, and for new pass buyers, there are places you can ski this spring, if you buy it early. There's also a new payment plan.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To answer my own question above, Steamboat and Stratton are unlimited on the Ikon pass but only 5 days each on the base pass. That works for me.

thanks for figuring it out.. stratton was full on the base pass this year. guess they don't need the traffic?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Price comparison between Full and Base for 2019-20. Renewal discounts ends April 24.

Was there a Young Adult or College price for 2018-19?

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 9.55.46 PM.png

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
If Mt Tremblant was on the early spring list, this would be a no brainer for me!

mustski

Angel Diva
If Mt Tremblant was on the early spring list, this would be a no brainer for me!
I think the only reason BBMR is on the early season pass is that we rarely make it past the end of March. By mid March, we are usually hitting the 60's everyday. BBMR is a huge draw for Los Angeles, San Diego, the Inland Empire, Palm Desert, the Lucerne Valley, and even Vegas. Gotta tap that market! We top 800,000 skiers/year which is higher than Snowmass and Okemo and just barely behind Heavenly in Tahoe. Mammoth is the number three most visited ski mountain in the US at 1.2 million. That's why those 3 are all on the spring season bonus.

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
That's like Blue Mountain in Ontario. They are on the early list too. Even before our school break. Not sure if would add to their numbers.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Once again, no senior rate I see. Can't say for sure but doubt I'll be buying the IKON. Will stick with Tremblant's Tonik pass (if indeed they offer it again).

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At the risk of missing out on the early purchase discount, I think I am going to cross my fingers and hope that Costco has a deal again for 19/20.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Am I the only one feeling overwhelmed and somewhat deflated at having to make next season's pass decision this early?
Although the price will go up a bit later on, there is nothing wrong with waiting until summer to make plans for next season. What the multi-resort pass sellers want you to do is commit ASAP, but if waiting to have time to think about options makes sense, that's a perfectly reasonable decision.

The only reason to make a decision in March is if taking advantage of spring skiing is a possibility.

The renewal deadline for Ikon is 4/24. Last year the MCP initial price with the bonus day was good until mid-April. I expect JH to continue on the MCP. It was one of the first to join when the MCP was created.

mustski

Angel Diva
I am used to it! That has been standard practice in CA for years. This could be the Rusty Gregory influence!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here are the Ikon 2019-20 locations based on geography. The order in the U.S. is based on how I think of regional skiing if driving starting from the north and working south. On the Alterra website the U.S. states are in alphabetical order.

Ikon Pass Destinations by Location for 2019-20

Washington: Crystal Mountain, The Summit at Snoqualmie
California: Squaw/Alpine, Mammoth, June, Big Bear

Montana: Big Sky
Wyoming: Jackson Hole
Utah: Deer Valley, Solitude, Brighton, Alta, Snowbird
Colorado: Aspen/Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park, Copper, Eldora
New Mexico: Taos Ski Valley

Michigan: Boyne Highlands, Boyne Mountain

Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
Vermont: Stratton, Killington/Pico, Sugarbush
West Virginia: Snowshoe

Alberta, Canada: SkiBig3 (Banff, LL, Norquay)
British Columbia, Canada: Revelstoke, Cypress Mountain, CMH Heli-Skiing
Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
Quebec, Canada: Tremblant

New South Wales, Australia: Thredbo
South Island, New Zealand: Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt
Hokkaido, Japan: Niseko United
Central Andes, Chile: Valle Nevado

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly