• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon info for 2019-2020 has begun to dribble out

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
The Ikon website is actively encouraging people to consider ski safaris. For example, there is a proposed itinerary that covers all six Colorado locations based on flying into Denver that starts with A-Basin and ends with Eldora. Not exactly a relaxing vacation given that the idea is to ski one day at each location, then drive to spend one night near the next one.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventures/colorado-winter-road-trip

There are other "adventures" for the various regions, including an 3-day trip to ski New Zealand and Thredbo in Australia.
What a coincidence. I am already planning a December trip to CO and I will hit Breck, Keystone, Copper, and now maybe A-Basin. Instead of staying at a different place each night, however, I’ll have my base at Breck and take the free Summit bus to the other places. Copper is the farthest at 1 hour bus ride with a connection at Frisco.

marzNC

Angel Diva
What a coincidence. I am already planning a December trip to CO and I will hit Breck, Keystone, Copper, and now maybe A-Basin. Instead of staying at a different place each night, however, I’ll have my base at Breck and take the free Summit bus to the other places. Copper is the farthest at 1 hour bus ride with a connection at Frisco.
Breck and Keystone are on Epic. Copper and A-Basin are on Ikon. You aren't the only one to have both, but probably in the minority for people who buy a multi-resort pass. Especially for the first time or if they plan to take kid or grandkids skiing.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Now that Ikon is heading into the second season, the locations where a "local pass" is available are clearer but still a bit confusing. The local passes noted on the Ikon website are for June, Big Bear, Winter Park, Solitude, Snowshoe, Stratton, and Blue in ONT. For Tremblant, Copper, Crystal, and Eldora, the info about local season pass options is only available on the resort's website. Full Ikon gives unlimited access to Mammoth.

Deer Valley and Steamboat have local passes for those willing to pay a premium for unlimited access. The price is higher than Full Ikon. I would guess the price is about the same as it was before Alterra bought Intrawest or DV.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The latest email to Ikon passholders included news for Steamboat. Night skiing will be included for 2019-20. I'll be at Steamboat for a few days in Feb and will probably check it out. Supposed to have new fangled lights that are better.

The other featured resorts were Mammoth and Tremblant. All are offering 30% discounts on resort lodging.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The latest email to Ikon passholders included news for Steamboat. Night skiing will be included for 2019-20. I'll be at Steamboat for a few days in Feb and will probably check it out. Supposed to have new fangled lights that are better.

The other featured resorts were Mammoth and Tremblant. All are offering 30% discounts on resort lodging.

What’s the light difference? I’ve always kind of disliked night skiing due to the lighting and my eyes not doing well with the dark light dark light spots skiing down. I don’t see well at night in general, and have glasses just for driving in the dark due to an astigmatism. The glasses might help with night skiing too, but I’ve never tried skiing with glasses so unsure if that would work out with my goggles etc.

marzNC

Angel Diva
What’s the light difference? I’ve always kind of disliked night skiing due to the lighting and my eyes not doing well with the dark light dark light spots skiing down. I don’t see well at night in general, and have glasses just for driving in the dark due to an astigmatism. The glasses might help with night skiing too, but I’ve never tried skiing with glasses so unsure if that would work out with my goggles etc.
Won't know until I try it.

* * * STEAMBOAT 2019/20 NIGHT SKIING
The Christie Peak Express high-speed chairlift whisks you to top of Christie Peak (8,000’) to embark on your night adventure across five trails including Sitz, See Me, Vogue, Stampede and Lil’ Rodeo.

All levels of skiing and riding will be available with two beginner, two intermediate and one advanced trail. Stay up late with us as you cruise down 1,100 vertical feet of terrain under state-of-the-art Ultra-Tech™ Lighting that significantly improves the night skiing experience.

Most of my night skiing has been at night at Massanutten. 1100' vert is the same as from the Mnut summit to the base. For comparison, that's 400' more vert than the Minuteman quad at Wachusett. The Steamboat night trails sound way more fun the the short beginner run that's lit at Snowbird.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Has anyone received their new Ikon pass yet? I'm wondering when they will be sending them out.
Didn't get mine until late Nov last year. I ended up getting a card made at Killington during Thanksgiving week. They could tell one had already been printed for mailing and told me to throw away the one that came in the mail. There were stickers in the package.

Would hope that mailings would happen a little earlier this season, meaning by late October instead of late November. Should have the major kinks in the process worked out by now.

Jilly

Staff member
If you already have a pass, it's good right now. If you don't, then keep an eye on the mail. Did you upload your picture?

mustski

Angel Diva
If you already have a pass, it's good right now. If you don't, then keep an eye on the mail. Did you upload your picture?
I have last season’s pass and bought 2 new ones as well for DS and his GF. I uploaded photis for all 4 new passes when I bought them last April. They told me my old passes expired at the end of last season.

Jilly

Staff member
There's no date on my Ikon pass. I haven't received a notice to do anything about the actual card. Hmmmm..

Jilly

Staff member
I noticed something on Facebook yesterday and it got me wondering:

IF I AM A 18/19 PASS HOLDER AND RENEW FOR THE 19/20 SEASON, WILL I GET A NEW PASS IN THE MAIL?
Yes. You will receive a new 19/20 Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass for next season in the mail. Ikon Passes will begin to be mailed on September 16, 2019. (Please see Global Access section if you live outside of North America)

Yup, we're getting new cards and the predominate colour is yellow.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Caught a comment about JH and Aspen premium season passes in an article from April about Ikon and crowd issues last season. People willing to spend $2049/$2309 for a premium pass at JH will not only get MCP 50% discount tickets, they will also get a Ikon Base pass (redeem by 12/12/19). The price for seniors is $1605/$1429. Aspen/Snowmass is doing something similar for their premium passes at comparable prices.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Woof!! Though I am a bit of a spendthrift when it comes to snow stuff, that is quite the pass price. Goes to show their commanding market position. But throwing in the Ikon Base Pass seems like an amazing benefit if you're willing to pay for access to these resorts!

And... if you're an Aspen local who's a member of the Aspen Chamber Resort Association, it's comparable to buying an Epic Pass and an Ikon Base Pass. The Chamber pass is $1,479 for early bird pricing.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Woof!! Though I am a bit of a spendthrift when it comes to snow stuff, that is quite the pass price. Goes to show their commanding market position. But throwing in the Ikon Base Pass seems like an amazing benefit if you're willing to pay for access to these resorts!
When VR bought Stowe, season passes for an adult were about $2000. Needless to say, some locals were excited about moving to Epic Local for about $1000. I chatted with the owner of the motel I stayed at who had a young kid at the time. He was looking forward to taking a family ski trip to a VR resort out west after Stowe closed for the season.

Wonder what Stratton season passes used to cost under Intrawest?

Sugarbush season passes are about $1000. Just noticed they have a Boomer Pass M-F non-holiday for ages 65-89 for $169. For ages 19-29, it's $499 for unlimited access. Unlimited for ages 30-39 is $699.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly