• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add webmaster@theskidiva.com to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon info for 2019-2020 has begun to dribble out

marzNC

Angel Diva
A change for adults buying for children ages 5-12 is that can buy up to two $199 child Ikon passes for each adult Ikon pass. That makes a difference for a family of 4 with two young kids, or a parent who skis with two children on a regular basis. I know there are families with two parents where one does enough skiing to justify a multi-resort or season pass but the other doesn't. Plus there are plenty of single parents with more than one child.

SkadiSkiGrrl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It looks like the new passes go on sale in the beginning March. Prices are only rising $20 a pass for those who are renewing and will cost $50 more for new pass holders. Since it will include the rest of this season at a good number of resorts, that's probably still a good deal.
https://www.ikonpass.com/?utm_campa...=alterra_loon_partnership&utm_medium=Referral

My question is ... which 2 resorts have unlimited access on the regular pass that are not on the base pass? That could be a huge deal breaker for me.

can a moderator fix the title for me to 2019-2020? I didn't notice the mistake until I hit save.

Just in case someone hasn't been reading the other Ikon thread, the price goes up $100 after April 24 for 2019-20. The $30 discount for renewal also goes away I think.

Note that if undecided between Ikon Base and Full Ikon, it's possible to call and upgrade to Full later.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Getting clear on how Ikon works for the Southern hemisphere. The period that works is after the N. American season. If buy a 2019-20 Ikon pass in Spring 2019, then can use it three ways:

1) During late season at the end of the N. American 2018-19 season. For example, at Mammoth or Squaw until early July.

2) In the Southern Hemisphere during summer 2019 (mainly July-Aug)
• Valle Nevado in Chile
• Thredbo in Australia
• Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt Hutt in New Zealand

3) During the 2019-20 season in N. America (mainly Dec-Apr)

Getting clear on how Ikon works for the Southern hemisphere. The period that works is after the N. American season. If buy a 2019-20 Ikon pass in Spring 2019, then can use it three ways:

1) During late season at the end of the N. American 2018-19 season. For example, at Mammoth or Squaw until early July.

2) In the Southern Hemisphere during summer 2019 (mainly July-Aug)
• Valle Nevado in Chile
• Thredbo in Australia

3) During the 2019-20 season in N. America (mainly Dec-Apr)
Said it correctly but then wrote it up wrong . . . I'm really used to the MCP, which provides days in the Southern Hemisphere the summer before the N. American season. The FAQ for Ikon about Pass Access is pretty clear for Global Access (outside N. America).

If buy a 2019-20 Ikon pass in Spring 2019, then can use it three ways:

1) During late season at the end of the N. American 2018-19 season. For example, at Mammoth or Squaw until early July 2019.

2) During the 2019-20 season in N. America (mainly Dec-Apr)

3) In the Southern Hemisphere during summer 2020 (mainly July-Sep)
• Valle Nevado in Chile
• Thredbo, Mt. Buller in Australia

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 9.28.19 AM.png

Members Online