• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

IKON Adventure Insurance. Which option is best?

gingerjess

Angel Diva
“We cannot continue to keep our community shut down for some unknown amount of time as determined by the ever-changing metrics according to the Governor,” Placer county wrote in a press release. “Health emergency declarations are obligated to be terminated at the earliest possible date that the conditions warrant and, based on the number of COVID-19 cases in our county, there is no longer a health emergency with regards to COVID-19 in Placer County.”

In the resolution, county supervisors wrote that most deaths are “not by COVID but with COVID,” arguing that California is exaggerating the death toll of the virus by including people with underlying health complications. Health experts refuted a similar claim made by President Donald Trump earlier this month, stating that even when someone has a preexisting condition, COVID-19 is still the cause of death.

https://www.capradio.org/articles/2...rd-terminates-covid-19-emergency-declaration/
Yikes.

altagirl

Staff member
Even if there is a large resurgence in Utah, I'd guess they will allow ski resorts to stay open, dangerous or not. We have increasing case numbers (yet another record high of new cases) going on now and they only increased restrictions in 2 cities and even then gave them exemptions so contact sports are still allowed in schools and elsewhere. And the state still will not implement a state wide mask requirement. Confusingly the governor leaves mask requirements up to the counties but does not allow the counties to implement any other safety measures like shutting down types of businesses or restricting gatherings. Only the state can do that. At one point our county mayor was begging for additional safety measures and the governor denied it.

IMHO, you're kind of on your own here as far as safety goes. Resort shutdowns in March were the decision of the individual resorts. I'd bet the state government would allow them to stay open no matter what. The resorts did the right thing in March and hopefully would do so again if needed.

Last edited:

MoreSkiing

Certified Ski Diva
I have read and re-read and re-re-re read the descriptions and scenarios, for IKON insurance, assurance etc etc etc and I still am befuddled betwixt and between, although I think they said to do nothing leaves you with option 1. I'm at least excited about having the IKON pass and the hope and first steps of skiing!!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
“We cannot continue to keep our community shut down for some unknown amount of time as determined by the ever-changing metrics according to the Governor,” Placer county wrote in a press release. “Health emergency declarations are obligated to be terminated at the earliest possible date that the conditions warrant and, based on the number of COVID-19 cases in our county, there is no longer a health emergency with regards to COVID-19 in Placer County.”

In the resolution, county supervisors wrote that most deaths are “not by COVID but with COVID,” arguing that California is exaggerating the death toll of the virus by including people with underlying health complications. Health experts refuted a similar claim made by President Donald Trump earlier this month, stating that even when someone has a preexisting condition, COVID-19 is still the cause of death.

https://www.capradio.org/articles/2...rd-terminates-covid-19-emergency-declaration/

We are never going to get rid of this thing.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have read and re-read and re-re-re read the descriptions and scenarios, for IKON insurance, assurance etc etc etc and I still am befuddled betwixt and between, although I think they said to do nothing leaves you with option 1. I'm at least excited about having the IKON pass and the hope and first steps of skiing!!!
Only the people who use Ikon as the season pass for a "home mountain" need to think about whether Option 2 might make more sense if that location shut down for a longer period. For a traveler, Option 1 is fine.

marzNC

Angel Diva
IMHO, you're kind of on your own here as far as safety goes. Resort shutdowns in March were the decision of the individual resorts. I'd bet the state government would allow them to stay open no matter what. The resorts did the right thing in March and hopefully would do so again if needed.
In March Rob Katz made the call to close all VR locations before the Governor of Colorado shut down all resorts in the state a day later. Based on what was known and happening in Europe and the northeast in Feb and early March, it was the only sensible approach to avoid major community spread.

I would guess that CO, UT, WY, ID, and MT won't impose any travel restrictions since they haven't so far. NM is the only state out west with travel restrictions.

However a lot has been learned in the past six months. Hopefully the Ikon Assurance credit options won't come into play in a significant way for those who choose not to defer to 2021-22.

Jilly

Staff member
Only the people who use Ikon as the season pass for a "home mountain" need to think about whether Option 2 might make more sense if that location shut down for a longer period. For a traveler, Option 1 is fine.

I really only use it for 1 resort. The rest are a bonus. So I went 2. Also it appears that Canada is starting the second wave. Last time Quebec limited access to the province, so if it shuts down...I'm out rent money too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna