• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon 2021- 22

MissySki

Angel Diva
Okay, this is weird. For years Crystal has had a "bikini and board shorts downhill". I liked this as it was clear this was an event for men and women. This year I notice they've changed it to just the Bikini Downhill. There's no mention of men or shorts at all but now there's a calendar contest! Reading the event promo a person could reasonably conclude this was just meant for women in bikinis. What gives, Alterra?

https://www.crystalmountainresort.com/things-to-do/event-calendar/bikini-downhill-2021

Ew yeah this seems in poor taste as written..

Jenny

Angel Diva
I can't believe I’m going to say this, but please let there be men in tIny speedos who participate, too. Not that the event won’t still be in poor taste . . .

Christy

Angel Diva
I know i've seen photos of men in swim trunks at least--I have to think someone has done it in a speedo. I don't have a problem with the even in general except if they are turning it into an event where it's meant to just be women's bodies on display for men. Everyone in their swimwear? Fine.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I know i've seen photos of men in swim trunks at least--I have to think someone has done it in a speedo. I don't have a problem with the even in general except if they are turning it into an event where it's meant to just be women's bodies on display for men. Everyone in their swimwear? Fine.
That’s why I’m hoping there are men, too.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just "renewed" my deferred Ikon pass as well. No clue if I'll actually get to use it next year, but had to use the credit up and can at least defer again.

Jilly

Staff member
I have a message out to Bravosarah to see what she got. I'm not sure if she deferred hers.

Jilly

Staff member
I have a message out to Bravosarah to see what she got. I'm not sure if she deferred hers.

Well she didn't buy on period. Have to put a call out to a few others I know that might not have deferred it and see what they got.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Base. I bought the full IKON for next year.
Haven't done the purchases yet, but for what I have planned for next season I'm going to switch up things a bit. I did the calculations based on a late season trip to Alta (more than 7 ski days), a Taos Ski Week (mid-season), and a mid-season trip to at least one Ikon destination resort (5-7 days). Turns out that Ikon Base plus MCP comes out less money. Also gives me more flexibility because with the MCP I can add days beyond the included 2 (plus one bonus day) for 50% off. I'll qualify for senior rates at some MCP locations, so that's a new factor.

This season I ended up with an Alta Midweek pass for 2020-21 in order to use a credit from 2019-20. Combined with Full Ikon (Taos Ski Week, Alta weekends, a couple midweek Alta/Snowbird days, a couple days at Copper), it worked out pretty well. But only because I did an early season trip to ski Alta in December. While I'll probably get an Alta Senior Pass at some point in the future, I'm more interested in skiing elsewhere next season than skiing enough days at Alta to make that the best choice for me.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I'll probably do a week at Alta in April, Taos ski week, Winter Park and then I'd like to go to Big Sky/Bridger/Grand Targhee and then maybe a couple of days at Deer Valley. Banff is on my bucket list as is Telluride, but maybe that's for another time.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm deciding what to do about the Ikon pass..... Got the Epic Tahoe Local Pass (as usual) that will give me good access to Heavenly, Northstar, and Kirkwood plus 5 days at some Epic resorts. (friend has house in Park City).

But now a wrench in things as Diva West is going to be at Squaw(no new name yet) and I would like to join up with everyone to ski a few days. Also, there is Taos to consider if I do that again...... I know Ikon has a $399 deal that would be good for skiing Squaw/Alpine but not help at all for 6-7 days at Taos......

marzNC

Angel Diva
Have you heard? Schweitzer has just been added to the IKON pass. I was there once and loved it. I might have to go back.
Interesting, Schweitzer was a key player in the Powder Alliance.

Have been thinking about flying to Spokane to check out Red Mountain and Schweitzer for a while.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting, Schweitzer was a key player in the Powder Alliance.

Have been thinking about flying to Spokane to check out Red Mountain and Schweitzer for a while.
I had Powder Alliance benefits twice and still didn't get to Schweitzer. Maybe being on Ikon now, I can make it happen.

I didn't buy Ikon for 2 seasons, wanting to focus on some other places. I will buy Ikon for next season. I've been wanting to ski Aspen. It's time to do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly