• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon 2021- 22

MissySki

Angel Diva
I had Powder Alliance benefits twice and still didn't get to Schweitzer. Maybe being on Ikon now, I can make it happen.

I didn't buy Ikon for 2 seasons, wanting to focus on some other places. I will buy Ikon for next season. I've been wanting to ski Aspen. It's time to do it.

Just be aware that Aspen is an add on to the base pass now, if you decide to go base versus full Ikon. Aspen is so worth it though, love it there!

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In a week-long trip, I'd probably take one day off for browsing and resting my legs. Having to buy a 1-day lift ticket bumps up the total cost of going with the Base pass (base+add-on+1-day) to be about the same as Ikon Full. But the Full allows me to ski a 7th day at Aspen.

Blackout days don't bother me. I'm not skiing then anyway. But in the end, the Ikon Full is probably the best bet for me.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Updating your IKON Photo

According to IKON Customer Service, photo updates should not be made until June 21 or later. There is a cutoff for these sometime in August. Sorry ... did not write down the exact date in August.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There is clearly a trend to offer Ikon Base as a low-cost add-on option for people getting a season pass at Ikon Partner resorts. The places I've noticed so far include Sunday River, Alta, Taos, and Schweitzer.

For Alta, the add-on price will be $269. The Ikon Partners that are also on the MCP have been offering a 50% discount on lift tickets for other MCP locations for a while.

MissySki

Angel Diva
There is clearly a trend to offer Ikon Base as a low-cost add-on option for people getting a season pass at Ikon Partner resorts. The places I've noticed so far include Sunday River, Alta, Taos, and Schweitzer.

For Alta, the add-on price will be $269. The Ikon Partners that are also on the MCP have been offering a 50% discount on lift tickets for other MCP locations for a while.

Would also include Sugarloaf and Loon for the New England Platinum.

Killington has an Ikon add on for one of their passes too don’t they?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Interesting to read the Schweitzer FAQ related to joining Ikon as a Partner. Clearly the management is anticipating some negative reaction from regulars. Not sure how Ikon works financially from a resort standpoint, but being part of the Powder Alliance does not necessarily bring in an extra revenue.

https://www.schweitzer.com/ikon-faqs/
You’re just bringing more people to the mountain I already love and it’s going to get overcrowded!
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 8.26.19 PM.png

Christy

Angel Diva
Interesting to read the Schweitzer FAQ related to joining Ikon as a Partner. Clearly the management is anticipating some negative reaction from regulars. Not sure how Ikon works financially from a resort standpoint, but being part of the Powder Alliance does not necessarily bring in an extra revenue.

https://www.schweitzer.com/ikon-faqs/
You’re just bringing more people to the mountain I already love and it’s going to get overcrowded!
View attachment 15703

That statement seems unlikely to mollify anyone that's upset. Our skier numbers are going to grow because the area is growing, so let's attract more tourists too? What? It's a business decision. Just own it. Or, just focus on the ways you will absorb the growth. But the stuff about friends and sharing is just cheesy.

Crystal writes these kind of statements too and I just find them patronizing.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For context, the starting price for Full Ikon is the same as last season. The starting price for Ikon Base went up $30. The 4-day Ikon is the same price as 2020-21. A little hard to predict when the prices for Full and Base will go up, but probably before the end of May.

2021-22: Full $999, Base $729, 4-day $399; renewal discount Full/Base of $100/$50
Realized when I bought Ikon Base recently that I did the math wrong back in March. The renewal discount was $80, not $50, almost the same amount as for Full Ikon. Plus I got $11 credit by whatever pandemic calculation was done for closures in 2020-21. The cost for 2021-22 ended up $637.

Deadline for getting the renewal discounts is May 4. As with all the multi-resort passes in the last decade, no reason to think that what happened before will be repeated. Although fair to say that the prices will increase between now and when sales end.

PRICE HISTORY FOR IKON
2021-22
Full $999 with $100 renewal discount
Base $729 with $80 renewal discount
4-Day $399

2020-21 (pandemic)
Full $999 with $200 renewal discount -> $1049 -> $1149
Base $699 with $100 renewal discount -> $799 -> $849
4-Day $399 -> $499

2019-20
Full $949 with $30 renewal discount -> $1049 -> $1099
Base $649 with $30 renewal discount -> $749 -> $799

2018-19 (first season)
Full $899 -> $999 -> $1049
Base $599 -> $699 -> $749

Assuming I get to the three resorts in my plans for next season, could mean $42/day for 15 days. Also got the MCP since I plan to ski more than 5 days in order to cover 7 days for each resort at least, plus have the option of a 50% discount for additional days. For 2020-21, I used Full Ikon for 18 days during four trips out west and that came out $45/day. I also used an Alta midweek pass that I in Dec and Apr.

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am very happy about Schweitzer joining the Ikon Pass. It looks like a wonderful place. I would like to visit when the US/Canadian border re-opens to ski the Selkirk Powder Triangle: Schweitzer, Red Mtn, and Whitewater. Red is also on the Ikon Pass and the entire loop can be driven in <8hrs from the Spokane airport with no individual driving segment >3hours. The towns of Sandpoint ID, Nelson BC, and Rossland BC all look adorable.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There is carryover from last season in terms of Adventure Assurance and the option to defer. But best to read the fine print, especially if considering Ikon for the first time. The big difference for deferral is that the decision to defer an unused pass must be made before Dec. 9. At least that's the story as of April 2021.

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 6.54.50 PM.png

Tennessee

Angel Diva
I’ve skied the Selkirk Powder Triangle before it got it’s name (or at least before I knew it was called that, lol!). Oh so worth the trip. Red was by far my favorite. It is my favorite to this day. Don’t tell anyone :becky:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Prices as of May 5. Interesting that the price increases are different for new buyers compared to people who renew. The increase for new people was $50 for both Full and Base.

Initial prices are in Post #4.

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 10.53.55 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ikon prices so up Oct. 15. They are pushing upgrades from Ikon Base to Full Ikon.

Seems as if Divas who decided on Ikon a while back have gotten them in the mail already.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A new feature for Ikon 2021-22 is the ability to send a Friends & Family discount via email from an Ikon account. The recipient has to create an Ikon account in order to do get a ticket. They can also send it back in some way if they can't use it. The Ikon holder can't take it back. Not sure what happens for actually buying a F&F discounted ticket.

Last season at Taos, the Ikon holder and the person getting the F&F discount had to be together to pick up a discounted ticket.

MissySki

Angel Diva
A new feature for Ikon 2021-22 is the ability to send a Friends & Family discount via email from an Ikon account. The recipient has to create an Ikon account in order to do get a ticket. They can also send it back in some way if they can't use it. The Ikon holder can't take it back. Not sure what happens for actually buying a F&F discounted ticket.

Last season at Taos, the Ikon holder and the person getting the F&F discount had to be together to pick up a discounted ticket.

You can do this with buddy passes on the New England Pass this year too. It can be a pain to be in person together when buying tickets so I bet this is appreciated! You also have to buy day tickets online in advance here still, so makes sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly