• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ikon 2021- 22

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Ikon pass for next season goes on sale March 11. Renewal prices are $899 and $649. For those who have deferred, do you know if that will still count as a renewal? I think we get credit towards next year's pass instead of a simple roll over.

But that means I now need to defer my pass from this year since I haven't used it yet, get next year's, and then I can start using it this year already! Well, theoretically. I still haven't skied out of state yet this year.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The Ikon pass for next season goes on sale March 11. Renewal prices are $899 and $649. For those who have deferred, do you know if that will still count as a renewal? I think we get credit towards next year's pass instead of a simple roll over.

But that means I now need to defer my pass from this year since I haven't used it yet, get next year's, and then I can start using it this year already! Well, theoretically. I still haven't skied out of state yet this year.

I think someone else mentioned that you don't get the rollover credit until April 19th to apply to next season's pass.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Are you sure that the 2021-22 Ikon can be used this spring?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It looks like it can be used this spring, but only select destinations. In the east those include Tremblant and Sugarbush starting April 5.

I just deferred, but will wait until April 19 to get next year’s pass after I get the credit.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ikon Base doesn't include unlimited skiing at Crystal, which is a change. Also doesn't include JH and Aspen, which is the same as 2020-21. Can pay to upgrade to Ikon Base Plus for 5 days each at JH and Aspen if planning a trip to either or both resorts. That upgrade could be added later for 2020-21 so probably true for 2021-22 too.

Upgrading to Full Ikon from Ikon Base has always been possible after an initial purchase.

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 6.17.26 PM.jpg

Jilly

Staff member
Tremblant closes the 18th if we make it. So you might get 2 weekends...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
From SKI magazine:

The Ikon Pass goes on sale for the 2021-’22 ski season on March 11 at the lowest price it’s going to be offered at—and it includes skiing for the rest of the season at eight resorts around the country. If you decided to skip this season due to the pandemic and have been having second thoughts, this could be an option for you.

Alterra Mountain Company, Ikon’s parent company, has thrown in late-season access at select ski areas that tend to stay open later than most to sweeten the deal. Buy the pass and you can make spring turns at Big Bear, Calif. and Snowshoe, W.Va. upon purchase; Solitude, Utah, Sugarbush, Vt., and Tremblant, Que. (if borders open) on April 5; and Mammoth Mountain and Squaw Alpine, Calif., and Winter Park, Colo. on April 12. That’s some quality terrain to take advantage of.

Whether you’re buying a new pass or renewing, here’s everything you need to know about the Ikon Pass, Ikon Base Pass, perks, pass insurance, and more.

Ikon Pass Updates for 2021-2022

For 2021, the Ikon Pass continues to offer a $100 discount for current pass holders who renew for the 2021-2022 ski season by May 4, 2021.

Additionally, the Ikon Pass is also rolling over its Adventure Assurance program to the 2021-2022 passes, with some important changes. Anyone who hasn’t used their pass by Dec. 10, 2021 can choose to defer it to the 2022-2023 ski season, but they must elect to do this by Dec. 9.

Or, if they have used their passes but there’s an eligible pandemic-related closure at any of Alterra’s North American ski resorts, pass holders will get a credit toward a 2022-2023 Ikon Pass based on the percentage of days closed.

“Skiers and riders have proven they are a passionate, dedicated and loyal community throughout this challenging season,” said Erik Forsell, Chief Marketing Officer, Alterra Mountain Company in a press release. “We want Ikon Pass to continue to inspire and get them stoked for winter 21/22. Winter is full of stories and connections to be made, and the 44 Ikon Pass destinations offer friends and families the good stuff to look forward to next winter.”

As things change quickly, especially these days, we always recommend getting the latest updates regarding these extended deadlines and reading the fine print on the Ikon Pass website.

Ikon Pass Unlimited Resort Access

United States

Big Bear Mountain Resort, Calif.
Copper Mountain Resort, Colo.
Crystal Mountain, Wash.
Eldora Mountain Resort, Colo.
June Mountain, Calif.
Mammoth Mountain, Calif.
Snowshoe, W. Va.
Solitude, Utah
Steamboat, Colo.
Stratton, Vt.
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Calif.
Sugarbush Resort, Vt.
Winter Park Resort, Colo.

Canada
Blue Mountain, Ont.
Tremblant, Qué.

Ikon Pass Limited Resort Access (7 Days)

In addition to the ski areas listed above, the Ikon Pass has a number of partners that offer a limited number of days at participating resorts. Some North American partners allow for lift access without any other stipulations, while some domestic and international partners require additional purchases or reservations in order to use your Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass. Please check out the Ikon Pass website for the most up-to-date info and additional information.

United States

Alta and Snowbird, Utah (7 days combined)
Arapahoe Basin, Colo.
Aspen Snowmass, Colo. (7 days between the 4 mountains)
Mt. Bachelor, Ore.
Big Sky Resort, Mont.
Boyne Highlands, Mich.
Boyne Mountain, Mich.
Brighton, Utah
Deer Valley Resort, Utah
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wyo.*
Killington-Pico, Vt. (7 days combined)
Loon Mountain, N.H.
Sugarloaf, Me.
Sunday River, Me.
The Summit at Snoqualmie, Wash.
Taos Ski Valley, N.M.
Windham Mountain, N.Y.
*Ikon Base Pass requires additional purchase for access.

Canada

Cypress Mountain, B.C.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort, B.C.
SkiBig3, Alta. (Lake Louise, Banff Sunshine, and Mt. Norquay—7 days combined)
RED Mountain Resort

International

Niseko United, Japan (7 days combined)
Thredbo, Australia
Valle Nevado, Chile
Mr. Buller, Australia
Zermatt, Switzerland
Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt. Hutt (7 days combined)

Ikon Base Pass Unlimited Resort Access

United States

Big Bear Mountain Resort, Calif.
Copper Mountain Resort, Colo.
Eldora Mountain Resort, Colo.
Snowshoe, W. Va.
Winter Park Resort, Colo.

Canada

Blue Mountain, Ont.
Tremblant, Qué.

Ikon Base Pass Unlimited Resort Access with Blackouts

In addition to the ski areas listed above, the Ikon Pass has a number of partners that offer a limited number of days at participating resorts. Some North American partners allow for lift access without any other stipulations, while some domestic and international partners require additional purchases or reservations in order to use your Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass. Please check out the Ikon Pass website for the most up-to-date info and additional information.

Unlimited With Blackout Dates

Squaw Alpine, Calif.
Mammoth Mountain, Calif.
June Mountain, Calif.
Solitude Mountain, Utah
Stratton, Vt.
Sugarbush, Vt.
Ikon Base Pass Limited Resort Access (5 days)

United States

Alta and Snowbird, Utah (5 days combined)
Arapahoe Basin, Colo.
Aspen Snowmass, Colo. (5 days between the 4 mountains*)
Mt. Bachelor, Ore.
Big Sky Resort, Mont.
Boyne Highlands, Mich.
Boyne Mountain, Mich.
Brighton, Utah
Deer Valley Resort, Utah
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wyo.*
Killington-Pico, Vt. (5 days combined)
Loon Mountain, N.H.
Sugarloaf, Me.
Sunday River, Me.
Crystal Mountain, Wash.
The Summit at Snoqualmie, Wash.
Taos Ski Valley, N.M.
Windham Mountain, N.Y.
*The Ikon Base Pass does not include access to Aspen Snowmass or Jackson Hole, but you can add 5 days to each for $150.

Canada

Cypress Mountain, B.C.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort, B.C.
SkiBig3, Alta. (Lake Louise, Banff Sunshine, and Mt. Norquay—5 days combined)
RED Mountain Resort

International

Niseko United, Japan (5 days combined)
Thredbo, Australia
Valle Nevado, Chile
Mr. Buller, Australia
Zermatt, Switzerland
Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Mt. Hutt (5 days combined)
Marcus Caston Carve Valle Nevado

Ikon Pass Price Information

Note: Many of these prices, restrictions, and perks will change. For the most current information, visit the Ikon Pass website.

Ikon Pass

Adult: $999/$899 renewal
Teen/Young Adult (ages 12-22): $739/$659 renewal
Children (Ages 5-12): $319/$219 with Ikon Pass adult purchase
Toddlers (ages 0-4): $149

Ikon Base Pass

Adult: $729/$649 renewal
Teen/Young Adult (ages 12-22): $559/$499 renewal
Children (Ages 5-12): $279/$179 with Ikon Pass adult purchase
Toddlers (ages 0-4): $99

Ikon Pass Extra Perks

Ikon Pass

10 friends and family discount lift tickets (25 percent off window rate).
Ikon Pass holders receive a complimentary 1-year $50 USD-level Protect Our Winters membership.
Discounts on retail, food, and beverage at select locations.

Ikon Base Pass

8 friends and family discount lift tickets (excluding Aspen Snowmass and Jackson Hole) at 25 percent-off window rate.
Ikon Pass holders receive a complimentary 1-year $50 USD-level Protect Our Winters membership.
Discounts on retail, food, and beverage at select locations.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For those who have deferred, do you know if that will still count as a renewal?
Someone on a different message board says they phoned Ikon and were told deferrals were considered as renewals (not new pass holder), so should get the renewal discount.

On a separate note, I received a survey from Ikon looking to study deferrals for this season. It asked me to explain in my own words why I deferred and also multiple choice options---Also asked if there was anything they could have done differently this year that would have made me use the pass.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For context, the starting price for Full Ikon is the same as last season. The starting price for Ikon Base went up $30. The 4-day Ikon is the same price as 2020-21. A little hard to predict when the prices for Full and Base will go open, but probably before the end of May.

2021-22: Full $999, Base $729, 4-day $399; renewal discount Full/Base of $100/$50

2020-21:
Full $999 to start, final price $1149
Base $699 to start, final price $849
4-Day $399 to start, final price $499

yecatstrip

Certified Ski Diva
Does anyone know how quickly (if so) the Ikon pass sells out? First timer looking to get a pair tomorrow for the hubs and I. TIA!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Does anyone know how quickly (if so) the Ikon pass sells out? First timer looking to get a pair tomorrow for the hubs and I. TIA!
There isn't really a rush to buy tomorrow. That price will be good until late April, perhaps into May. There will be deadline dates for price increases between March and late fall. The earlier you commit, the lower the price.

Based on what's happened in previous years, Ikon won't be available at all at some point in December. Quite likely to be Dec. 10 given that's the deadline to decide about deferring to 2022-23.

Where are you thinking of using Ikon in 2021-22?

yecatstrip

Certified Ski Diva
There isn't really a rush to buy tomorrow. That price will be good until late April, perhaps into May. There will be deadline dates for price increases between March and late fall. The earlier you commit, the lower the price.

Based on what's happened in previous years, Ikon won't be available at all at some point in December. Quite likely to be Dec. 10 given that's the deadline to decide about deferring to 2022-23.

Where are you thinking of using Ikon in 2021-22?

Thank you so much!

Our local mountain is Big Bear, so we could start Spring skiing as of the 12th which instantly makes it worth while. We also have friends who have a place at Mammoth Mountain, and live there part of the year. So they've already invited us out for the season. Otherwise, we're open to any where and everything.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Our local mountain is Big Bear, so we could start Spring skiing as of the 12th which instantly makes it worth while. We also have friends who have a place at Mammoth Mountain, and live there part of the year. So they've already invited us out for the season. Otherwise, we're open to any where and everything.
Lucky you! In that case it certainly makes sense to get Ikon 2021-22 sooner rather than later. Mammoth is one of the best resorts for late season skiing. I had a chance to experience skiing there in May a few years ago.

While Snowshoe in WV is also allowing new Ikon holders to ski after April 12, the season there probably will only last a week or two more. For me, that's a 6-7 hour drive and I don't bother any more because I have the time and interest to fly from NC for ski trips to big mountains in the Rockies.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For people who deferred their 2020-21 Ikon to 2021-22, it's clear that April 18 is a cut-off date for this season. As @diymom pointed out earlier, it's important to keep that in mind for buying Ikon for next season.

1) Defer Ikon 2020-21 before April 18, 2021, assuming never used
2) Get credit in Ikon account soon after April 19, 2021
3) Use credit to purchase Ikon 2021-22 at a renewal price

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/spring-skiing

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 9.29.26 AM.png

yecatstrip

Certified Ski Diva
Lucky you! In that case it certainly makes sense to get Ikon 2021-22 sooner rather than later. Mammoth is one of the best resorts for late season skiing. I had a chance to experience skiing there in May a few years ago.

While Snowshoe in WV is also allowing new Ikon holders to ski after April 12, the season there probably will only last a week or two more. For me, that's a 6-7 hour drive and I don't bother any more because I have the time and interest to fly from NC for ski trips to big mountains in the Rockies.

I wish I did more research and saw the Spring Skiing for the Ikon pass. We literally were just at BBMR 2 days ago.

We're excited for Mammoth! We're bringing our kids (19 and 15) there at the end of the month for 3 days on the mountain. It'll be their first time skiing, so we'll see how it goes. My husband was banking on me helping with the lessons. But I think if I can get a few more sessions at BBMR beforehand I'll be in a better position to help him teach the boys.

Our friends will be at their place in Mammoth essentially the entire month of April. So we're already started to look into our calendar to head up again, assuming conditions will be good. We're lucky enough to both be self employed, so moving our calendars around isn't a problem (when I'm not working on set).

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ikon locations as of March 2021, sorted geographically. Partner resorts that are not owned by Alterra include resorts owned/operated by Boyne Resorts and Powdr. Most of the Partners are also on the MCP, along with ??/Alpine and Mammoth.

Bold - owned by Alterra,

Mammoth Mountain, CA - Ikon unlimited/5, MCP
Big Bear, CA - Ikon unlimited/unlimited
June, CA - Ikon unlimited/unlimited
??/Alpine, CA - Ikon unlimited/unlimited with blackouts, MCP
•Mt. Bachelor, OR - Ikon 7/5, Powdr
Crystal, WA - Ikon unlimited/5
•The Summit at Snowqualmie, WA - Ikon 7/5, Boyne

•Big Sky, MT - Ikon 7/5, MCP, Boyne
•Jackson Hole, WY - Ikon 7/5, MCP; $150 add-on to Ikon Base
(Grand Targhee, WY is on MCP)

•Alta Ski Area, UT - Ikon 7/5 combined Alta/Snowbird, MCP (separate)
•Snowbird, UT - Ikon 7/5 combined Alta/Snowbird, MCP (separate)
Solitude, UT - Ikon unlimited/unlimited
•Brighton, UT - Ikon 7/5, Boyne
Deer Valley, UT - Ikon 7/5

Winter Park, CO - Ikon unlimited/unlimited
•Copper Mountain, CO - Ikon unlimited/unlimited, Powdr
Steamboat, CO - Ikon unlimited/5
•Eldora, CO - Ikon unlimited/unlimited, Powdr
•Aspen/Snowmass, CO - Ikon 7/5 combined, MCP; $150 add-on to Ikon Base
•Arapahoe Basin, CO - Ikon 7/5, MCP

•Taos Ski Valley, NM - Ikon 7/5, MCP

•Boyne Mountain, MI - Ikon 7/5, Boyne
•Boyne Highlands, MI - Ikon 7/5, Boyne

Tremblant, ONT - Ikon unlimited/unlimited
Blue, ONT - Ikon unlimited/unlimited

•Killington/Pico, VT - Ikon 7/5, Powdr
Stratton, VT - Ikon unlimited/5
Sugarbush, VT - Ikon 7/5, MCP

•Loon, NH - Ikon 7/5, Boyne
•Sunday River, ME - Ikon 7/5, Boyne
•Sugarloaf, ME - Ikon 7/5, MCP, Boyne

•Windham, NY - Ikon 7/5
Snowshoe, WV - Ikon unlimited/unlimited

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
@marzNC - Sugarbush is now unlimited/unlimited with blackouts. Stratton is unlimited/unlimited with blackouts.

Jilly

Staff member
Since Ikon has 2 passes basically. Shouldn't it be Ikon unlimited/Ikon base unlimited or base unlimited with black outs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna