• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

If you're thinking a fleece gaiter is going to do the trick, think again.

Jilly

Staff member
Exactly. Some university students at Queens in Kingston Ontario design some for around here. We have a deaf school in town. So these are great. Though many folks seem normal, I've over the years been able to tell. You make sure they can see your face, don't move away and speak slowly.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am sorry I missed this tag last week! Not sure how I missed it.

I don't think they have a good handle on the dose of the virus sufficient to cause disease, at least I haven't seen anything conclusive.

With that said yes outdoors are fairly safe. From what I read the few cases of transmission outdoors were people in close contact taking to each other for extended time frame (more then 30 min I think). I think with face coverings and distancing the risk is low, the virus really doesn't transmit well outdoors - yay for outdoor activities like skiing.

I have been hiking with DH every weekend, some trails were fairly busy, we wore thicker double layered cotton bandanas around our necks and would pull them up if passing someone on a narrow trail. I haven't decided yet whether I would wear a mask or a fleece gaiter or both when skiing. I think fleece gaiters would work if it's cold, when warmer I may wear a mask.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna