• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

If Ski Areas Had Honest Slogans

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here are a few for Vermont:

Killington: Nyaa, nyaa, beat ‘ya!*

*Killington is typically one of the earliest mountains to open, latest to close in the northeast.

Mount Snow: Stop the car! You’re in Vermont!*

*Mount Snow is the southern-most ski area in Vermont. People coming up from the south tend to just STOP when they cross the state line.

Okemo: Connecticut’s most northern ski resort.*

*Okemo gets a LOT of people from Connecticut

Mad River Glen: We’re so gnarly. Did I mention we’re gnarly? Yeah, we’re gnarly.*

*MRG tends to bask in this.

Jay Peak: Just about Canada, eh.*

*It's like 2 miles from the border.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Cannon: Bode Miller's Home Mountain*
*they love to advertise this one

Bretton Woods: NH's best lift access cross country skiing*
*don't go there on a powder day, you'll get flatted out REAL quick

And I'm going to build off of ski diva's Okemo slogan...
Loon Mountain: Massachusetts' most northern ski resort*
*self explanatory

mustski

Angel Diva
Bear Mountain - Sean White was here!
Did we mention that Sean White used to board here? Did you know that Sean White got his start here? Did you see all those pictures inside of Sean White?

Terri B

Certified Ski Diva
Sunday River - "Best Ski In / Ski Out" - except when it is windy, which is almost every morning. Then you have to take the bouncy bus to the base.

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for making me pee my pants laughing so hard. Obviously the Mountain Creek and Hunter slogans struck a chord for us, LOL...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump: This was a fun thread, and a good one for summer. Anyone have any others to share?

teppaz

Angel Diva
Ain’t that the truth? I was there decades ago (80’s) and was foggy all but one day in a week!
Our very first day there, we took Dreamcatcher, not pausing to wonder why we were the only ones on it. We got to the top, couldn’t see a thing and weren’t sure where to go. I kept stopping and falling because I couldn’t tell where the fall line was! It was epic.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gore aka Chore- there are so many flat spots you have to skating- the nordic portion of your day
Whiteface: aka Ice Face

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Northstar: Flatstar

Honestly not the case anymore. This was before Backside opened and Lookout Mtn.

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
“The resort formerly known as Squaw Valley“ = Squalllywood.
The view going up the lift and watching the skiera pulll-off amazing stunts i.e. jumping off cliffs down narrow chutes is like watching a Hollywood action movie.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna