• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

If Ski Areas Had Honest Slogans

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This is pretty cute: a list of slogans ski areas would have, if they were truly being honest.

Can you think of any others? Let's have some fun!

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whitefish: The locals know where they are.
10872833_10152878374287488_3227459232301926874_o.jpg

(Because of the fog..)

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oh my....attempting to quash my tendency to the sardonic here....which did not go over well some time ago with ski model names (although I had a blast with it)...so I will gracefully bow out and just read?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Just a couple, on the sneak.
Local stuff.

Sugarloaf:
Because if it’s calm, warm and sunny, you’re probably in Miami. Not Maine.
It’s April. You may now remove your face mask. Carefully. It may be fused to your epidermis.

Sunday River:
Weekends - Welcome to Route 128.
Weekdays - Welcome to I-495.
(Those who patronize will understand.)

Shawnee Peak:
Because we lost gnar points when we were called “Pleasant Mountain.”

Saddleback:
After a 14 minute ride on our circa 1968 double chairlift, you deserve some great terrain. If you ever thaw out.

Mount Abram: home of Rocky & Bullwinkle.
Or - the Big, Bad Wolf? “I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your base lodge down.”

Camden Ski Bowl:
We promise we’ll get that new chairlift operating. Real soon.
(And meanwhile, do what? Hike?) (“Want your season pass? Go get it.”)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
See, those are funny! I especially like the Shawnee and Saddleback ones :D

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Sugarloaf: "Pay no attention to our chairlifts. It's the mountain, stupid."

Sunday River: (to league racers) "Want your skis? Go get 'em."
Sign in parking lot(s) - Fist fights over parking spaces will not be tolerated.

Okay, I have to stop before I get in trouble...

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Fernie: World's Best Powder*

*unless it's raining, or hot, or sleet-ing, or windy, or icy, or tropical, or crowded, or skied out or...

alicie

Angel Diva
For Scotland in general: When the weathers good it's very very good and when it's bad it's horrid.

That's quite badly worded and more colourful language would be more suitable. Referring to the conditions not the people or resorts. Most resorts are currently storm bound or were earlier. And the a day or so before that the snow had pretty much gone. But when there is snow and sun, or not too much wind, it's utterly spectacular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly