• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Icy Initiation

lizzibell

Certified Ski Diva
Did I spell the title correctly? Anyways, I was properly welcomed to Canada by hitting a patch of ice on the roads, and rear ended someone. The girl and myself are ok. I didn't see the ice because there was so much snow on the roads. By the way, we got puked on yesterday. I saw the brake lights, hit mine, and just kept going straight. Her car looked like it absorbed most of the impact. There's something wrong with my radiator, and the bottom of th front bumper needs to be fixed, but that's about it.
The procedures for accidents are diff here. Usually, in the U.S., the cops are on the spot and do the whole shabang on the spot, then you go home and call the insurance company. Apparently, they're pretty much used to it here, so EVERYONE was acting non-chalant!!!
The body shop won't touch my car until the 1st or 2nd week of Dec. That is a pretty good time frame from what I've been told. There were 180 something car accidents yesterday cause of the snow, so all the body shops are booked.
Welcome to Canada!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
What an initiation! Glad you're okay. And as you know, that's what's important.

Driving on the snow takes some getting used to. And from the amount you're getting up there, I think that'll happen pretty fast.

Just so you know, it's "icy," not "icey." Don't mean to be a wise guy, but you did bring it up. :D

Jilly

Staff member
Ah lizzibell, next storm, go out to the mall after everyones gone home and practice stopping, starting and skidding, steering around the parking lot. Don't worry after 33 years of living in this white stuff, the first storm and driving in it bothers me too. But I do love my 4 wheel drive!! As for accident's unless there is serious injury or charges need to be laid, its up to the insurance companies. I just love (actually hate!!) no-fault insurance.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
lizzibell said:
I spelled initiation wrong too!!! :eek:

Don't worry. We don't take off points for spelling. :D

Maybe you're just shook up from the accident. That's it, right?

lizzibell

Certified Ski Diva
I forgot to mention that the tow truck driver was shocked. He said "she has an AWD car and top of the line winter tires, and she still got in an accident?! Those must've been REALLY bad conditions!" I just wanted to say no sh*t sherlock.
Anyways, here are pics we got of my poor baby this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 7
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6

Jilly

Staff member
Ah that can be fixed (says Hubby!!). But then he thinks anything a man made he can make better. Welcome to winter in Canada. The good thing is that all are well except the man made thing. And from the pics it looks icy, not just snowy!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
lizzibell said:
I spelled initiation wrong too!!! :eek:
If the Admin were nice she'd fix it for you.
Never mind, I'll do it;)

Icy Initiation it is!

BTW
I've never lived any where there is no snow/ice, so I was fortunate enough to learn first and foremost to drive on ice and snow. Believe it or not you'll not only get used to it, you'll become proficient at it.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Then you only have to worry about the idiots that aren't proficient!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna