• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Icelantic Nia pro 105

catagretchen

Diva in Training
Wanted to share my experience with my new skis Icelantic Nia Pro 162cm. I had a hard time finding reviews on this skis when I was considering buying them so I thought would be nice to share some info in case others are looking at them.
I tested them in whistler for 2 full days on fresh snow, some ice, hardpack, bumps, 3 tree runs.
wow these are fun!! I was simply bored with my other skis (armada Kufo skis 168cm with g3 ion) and wanted something more fun for touring and that I can use at the resort when I feel like it.
For reference I’m 5’2 weight between 173-178lbs, not much of a groomers/moguls skier, I prefer trees, bowls, powder and I consider myself an advance skier with 20 years of riding and some of ski instructing.

After going back and forth with different binding options I decided for the dynafit rotation 10 bindings and I’m happy with the decision. The Nia’s are solid skis and with the rotation bindings they rip at the resort. I know the combo is a bit heavy for touring but I’m slow on the uphill regardless and I prefer a setup that does better on downhill performance. The bindings feel solid and the power transfer feels so much better than the g3 ions..

The Nia’s feel great on short turns, initiation comes easy and naturally and feels stable. Much easier to ski trees than my previous skis. Powder was a blast and was surprised how well I could stay on edge on icy slopes, it wasn’t hard at all, No more skidding around for me.

162cm
135-105-125mm
Reflective rocker
Radius 15m
Weight: 3,286gr
Short Turns 5
Medium Turns 5
Stability 4
Forgiveness 4

I would recommend this skis to somebody who likes to play around in all kinds of terrain, hit bumps, and is looking for a ski that gives them confidence going down the slope. They are fun!!!!!!! it doesn’t hurt they are beautiful as well lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 13

Skiing2BFreeInYYC

Certified Ski Diva
Yay for Icelantic love! I have a pair of Maiden 101s and they are awesome!!! I’m 5’3 123 lbs and have 162s. They are so versatile, I’ve used them in deep powder and then can pop right back on a groomed run and feel confident and rip. They helped make me a better skier for sure and I love that I can adventure all over and feel confident to get in/out of different terrain. I don’t tour though, just a resort skier. For low snow days I do have Sheeva 9s that I love, but when there’s more snow my Icelantic’s are my go to. The top sheets are so pretty too!

catagretchen

Diva in Training
Great write-up, appreciate you sharing! A good (male) friend of mine has a couple pairs of Icelantics, I’d love to demo something in their women’s line and these sound like a lot of fun.
I hope you get to test the Nia’s they are

catagretchen

Diva in Training
Yay for Icelantic love! I have a pair of Maiden 101s and they are awesome!!! I’m 5’3 123 lbs and have 162s. They are so versatile, I’ve used them in deep powder and then can pop right back on a groomed run and feel confident and rip. They helped make me a better skier for sure and I love that I can adventure all over and feel confident to get in/out of different terrain. I don’t tour though, just a resort skier. For low snow days I do have Sheeva 9s that I love, but when there’s more snow my Icelantic’s are my go to. The top sheets are so pretty too!
I would love to try the maiden one day! Thanks for sharing :smile: and try the Nia’s when you get a chance, love the surfy feeling

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna