• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Icelantic Mystic 97 skis?

aliwill

Certified Ski Diva
Hey there! I'm curious to know if anyone has toured on the Mystic 97s from Icelantic. Eying them for a lighter pair of bc skis (I'd probably put Dynafit ST Radicals on them) that can handle anything I come across in PNW/Canadian West conditions. Love to hear experiences!

Lmagnuss

Certified Ski Diva
Also curious about this. There's a pair for sale on my local CL. They are 162's, which would normally be fine for me, but since they have SO much rocker I'm thinking they'd ski too short & I wouldn't be happy with them.

Haz

Diva in Training
Just bought a pair and mounting with the g3 ions. Will be taking them out for a tour in a few weeks and will let you know how they ski!

newboots

Angel Diva
Welcome, @Haz! Glad to have you here! Where do you ski?

I’m in Vermont and ski Okemo and Killington.

Haz

Diva in Training
Welcome, @Haz! Glad to have you here! Where do you ski?

I’m in Vermont and ski Okemo and Killington.
Im in Colorado. Mostly ski in the Winter Park area. I think these skis are going to be amazing in soft snow and powder but curious what they are like on icy/ packed conditions and how they hold their edge. We don't have a ton of coverage yet so I should get a good idea in a few weeks when I take them out :smile:

Mountainerd

Diva in Training
Hey there! I'm curious to know if anyone has toured on the Mystic 97s from Icelantic. Eying them for a lighter pair of bc skis (I'd probably put Dynafit ST Radicals on them) that can handle anything I come across in PNW/Canadian West conditions. Love to hear experiences!

I demo'd last years model of the Mystic 97s in Mammoth last March, didn't take them out touring but did have a ton of fun with them playing around in the trees. They handled the chopped up sierra cement really well and I didn't feel bucked off by them in the crud like some other skis I've tried. I did find they skied short with all the rocker. I'm 5'2", 120 lbs, and my other skis are 155-157cm, and I demo'd the 162s since that's what they had available. The 162s were great, super responsive and playful and very easy to turn and I definitely think the 155s would have felt too short in this particular ski for me.

Eyeing the new Mystic 107s as a potential powder/touring ski.

ferdagorls

Diva in Training
Hi, I'm also eyeing the Mystic 97s, wondering if there's an update on how you like 'em now that you've gotten to know them better? Particularly interested in how they do in heavier snow/chop/crud?
For reference of what I'm currently on-- Elan 94 Ripsticks (but I actually don't love them-- they feel long and kinda bulky). My old AT set up was on some K2 talkbacks, which I did like. At the resort I ski Volk Secrets and Black Crow Camoix Birdies -- both of which I lovvve. :smile: Thanks for your help!!

ferdagorls

Diva in Training
Hello, @ferdagorls - Happy to have you here! Where you do usually ski?

:welcome:
Thanks! I live in Bend so I usually ski around the Broken Top/ Mt. Bachelor area in Central Oregon :smile:. Super stoked to just find Ski Diva--it's so tough to find info on ladies' gear/ not terribly misogynistic ski forums. Super important space <3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna