• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I thought skiers were better than this?

MissySki

Angel Diva
I would actually prefer to ski with sober people, given the proclivity of non-sober people to ski like lunatics.

Sure, but I don’t really think we have a choice in the matter. People drinking on lifts and at the bars around resorts (including at the peak where they have no choice but to ski down afterward) and skiing is nothing new. Seeing cans around under lifts isn’t new either, but right on the trails and the amount I’m suddenly seeing it happen at is more concerning than usual. I’d just prefer the trash to go where it belongs versus onto the trails. Not that I can control what people are going to do in either case.

One of the reasons I like to stay on bump and tree runs, besides the fun and challenge, is that they are MUCH less crowded with crazy out of control skiers. I often find myself or group I’m with almost alone even on the most crowded days. If they do venture onto it they are likely to get slowed down pretty quickly by the terrain before finding a person to hit on their way down.

newboots

Angel Diva
No, sadly we don’t have any choice. I’m an old grouch, and I find it appalling that the resorts serve alcohol on the summit. Anything for a buck.

I’m working hard to get good enough to use those little-used trails!

MissySki

Angel Diva
No, sadly we don’t have any choice. I’m an old grouch, and I find it appalling that the resorts serve alcohol on the summit. Anything for a buck!

On the bright side, at least our Peaks in the East are waaaaay closer to the base than in the West.. People drink and have much further to go down out there!

I’m working hard to get good enough to use those little-used trails!

It’s well worth the effort! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna