• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I need new pants for athletic thighs

Cyprissa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My current pants are fugly Columbia insulated pants in an XL and they are way too long and too big as well. I’m a size 12 in most pants but I’m curvy with thunder thighs sadly. Any suggestions for pants to check out? Thanks!

emmthorpedo

Certified Ski Diva
I’m a very similar body type (normal waist but thunderous thighs and enormous glutes). I really had to go around the houses to find a fit that works due to differential between my upper and lower. I’m a 8-10 up top but a 14 in the bottom. Flyflow Donna were a the best fit for a pear shape by a long shout. I didn’t have the gaping hole at the waist. Then again I needed pants that were roomy in the backside as well as wide in the thighs so you may not have the former issue.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I've found snowboard pants to fit a bit looser. Most XL ski pants for me, also size 12, tend to be too snug on my thighs and leave no room for layers underneath. I did managed to find some Salomon ski pants in XL that fit well but mainly use my Burton XL pants. I've not cared for Columbia stuff. Not very shapely. I did enjoy the Patagonia Snowbelle pant I tried on last year. Fit very nice but cost was a bit higher than I wanted to pay so passed on them.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am not sure if Betty Rides is still in business but they have roomier seat/thighs than other brands. I am a size M but thighs are always tight, so I started buying men’s S for more room in the seat and thighs.

valli

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like the stretchy athleta ski pants (snow cruiser?) and they come in petite, reg, and long, with and adjustable waist band.

Gratefulgal

Certified Ski Diva
I love them. I am a curvy gal with hips and thighs and they fit nice at the waist and have adjustable Velcro at the waist. They aren't low riding in the back and I have a lot of range of motion. Probably one of my favorite fitting pants.

suzanneda

Certified Ski Diva
I’m a very similar body type (normal waist but thunderous thighs and enormous glutes). I really had to go around the houses to find a fit that works due to differential between my upper and lower. I’m a 8-10 up top but a 14 in the bottom. Flyflow Donna were a the best fit for a pear shape by a long shout. I didn’t have the gaping hole at the waist. Then again I needed pants that were roomy in the backside as well as wide in the thighs so you may not have the former issue.
Very similar body type and size, glutes not as big as a problem as thighs and calfs (boot issues). I have size medium Patagonia that fit great, but don’t fit with new knee brace. Will look for Flyflow Donna!

suzanneda

Certified Ski Diva
@emmthorpedo what size did you get?

emmthorpedo

Certified Ski Diva
@suzanneda sorry for the delay. I had big issues with pants and Flyflow Donna really were a standout for my body type. They saved the day. I had to go for large which was depressing but necessary. ,My glutes are massive (genetics, horses, biking) and I have thick thighs compared to my waist. For reference i am a 28waist and 42 in the hips which is mostly butt. @Gloria recommended them to me and not sure if she is similar to me but i think she found the same success?

suzanneda

Certified Ski Diva
@suzanneda sorry for the delay. I had big issues with pants and Flyflow Donna really were a standout for my body type. They saved the day. I had to go for large which was depressing but necessary. ,My glutes are massive (genetics, horses, biking) and I have thick thighs compared to my waist. For reference i am a 28waist and 42 in the hips which is mostly butt. @Gloria recommended them to me and not sure if she is similar to me but i think she found the same success?

suzanneda

Certified Ski Diva
@emmthorpedo No worries, at all, thanks for your response! Exactly, growing up I rode horses, as well, and my ginormous thighs rolled off the saddle! Small waist, relative to legs, maybe 30”? Also have huge calves, trouble with ski boots, dress boots and sox I have to buy plus size. I’m in NH this week, will be in North Conway one day and will look for flyflow Donna, if can’t find them, will order on line and hope for the best.

Jersey Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
I've found snowboard pants to fit a bit looser. Most XL ski pants for me, also size 12, tend to be too snug on my thighs and leave no room for layers underneath. I did managed to find some Salomon ski pants in XL that fit well but mainly use my Burton XL pants. I've not cared for Columbia stuff. Not very shapely. I did enjoy the Patagonia Snowbelle pant I tried on last year. Fit very nice but cost was a bit higher than I wanted to pay so passed on them.
I like the snowboard pants too. They are much roomier and comfortable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna