• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I just signed up for a long course...

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds fun and the bike terrain sounds pretty easy if it's not windy.

Last month I rode 354 miles in a week through Wisconsin, Minn. and Iowa and I'm planning another tour in Indiana in Sept with a century the day after the tour ends so I'm sure you'll be able to handle it.

Btw, I celebrated my 61st birthday on the tour.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WOW! You are Super Woman! I'm very proud of you!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds fun and the bike terrain sounds pretty easy if it's not windy.
Happy birthday, LL! As for the terrain...I don't know that I'd call it easy per se...but it's not like climbing Olde Stage or Highgrade. It's definitely not flat...lots and lots of rollers. Just about 56 miles of them, in fact. :p I figure if I did a 50 mile ride, including Deer Creek Canyon, last weekend, then 56 miles of rollers should, theoretically, not be as hard. We'll see, I guess! :becky:

Can we hold off on crowning me superwoman until I actually finish the race? :bag:

:laugh:

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rollers are great, that's my favorite kind of terrain. Flat terrain never gives you a rest from pedaling and wind can kill you. Long climbs are just a steady grind to the top. Rollers give you a break, spinning downhill rests the legs and keeps lactic acid from building up. With the kind of rollers you find in the midwest you can spin down and pop up the other side. You're near the top before you know it and you still have momentum to pedal over the top. Shifting technique is key here. Knowing when and where to change gears prevents the grinding you hear from many riders when they climb.

Think of rollers as your friend, they develop leg and glute strength, they help build endurance and provide good interval training.

I was seriously undertrained for my tour in June but because I knew how to use the rollers to my advantage I was able to ride 60-70 mile days comfortably.

Do some of your training rides on rollers. Play with them to find what works. Once you understand how to ride them you won't notice them at all.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You go girl!!! It takes guts to even sign up for the tri. I'm starting to live vicariously through you summer girls. Biking, tri, I wish I could do those things. But, alas, I'm just not even close to being in shape for those. You all inspire...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna