• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I hate Tapatalk's "improved" look

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Geez, it was fine until recently, but the new version is visually cluttered, at least in a thread list view like "new threads." It's like they decided that the most important information about a thread is what sub-forum it's in, then hides the title under a grey bar and graphics. Terrible design. Why can't they leave well enough alone? I had just got used to the last set of "improvements", but I think I'm one again going to abandon posting from my cell.

If someone knows how to tweak the settings to clean up the screen, please let me know!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know any way to tweak it. And I've looked. It's terrible and extremely space inefficient.

Christy

Angel Diva
Agreed. And, it loads more slowly on my phone that the regular website does. I find myself looking at the regular version more now.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unfortunately, I participate in a few forums that have *terrible* web UIs. The new Tapatalk version is still more tolerable. Barely.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Huh, what kind of phone do you have? My Windows Phone Tapatalk app hasn't changed recently.

Jilly

Staff member
Bounceswoosh, VolklGirl and I had this discussion on facebook about 3 weeks ago. I finally got it to show the new posts only.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Huh, what kind of phone do you have? My Windows Phone Tapatalk app hasn't changed recently.

Mine's on Android. iPad is fine so far (I rarely use it there).

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm on Android too. You should consider yourself lucky that they haven't gotten around to redoing the Windows app.

I did figure out how to get it to show new posts--God forbid they should explain what those icons mean--but yeah, it's so inefficient that there's hardly any there there. I wonder if there's a way to see 'participated' posts? Anyhow, I'll be using the website more, but will still be much less likely to do anything on my phone or iPod.

Jilly

Staff member
I don't remember how I got there, but it was Volklgirl that found it.

Last edited:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm on Android too. You should consider yourself lucky that they haven't gotten around to redoing the Windows app.

I did figure out how to get it to show new posts--God forbid they should explain what those icons mean--but yeah, it's so inefficient that there's hardly any there there. I wonder if there's a way to see 'participated' posts? Anyhow, I'll be using the website more, but will still be much less likely to do anything on my phone or iPod.

Yeah, it's the @ symbol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly