• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I guess I'm a runner now (sort of)

Congratulations. I'd say sure :smile:. That's awesome. :clap:

I used to be more of a runner and ran a few 5/10ks a year. This past year I haven't done a single race and have gotten very into Yoga and Pilates. I am thinking of doing a turkey trot with DH's family on thanksgiving but worried I haven't been running much.

How was your 5k race? The feeling you feel when you run over the finish line is empowering and addictive. The cheering of the crowd, the music that was playing, the adrenaline going through you. How do you feel now, do you have other races planned?

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nothing planned right now. It was fun but also a bit of an organizational headache -- I made the mistake of doing a run that was part of the Montreal Marathon, so there were 40,000 people and all the logistics were a mess. I probably should've started with a smaller fun run of some sort. Also, my injured hip isn't very happy with me once I get up to about 4k so I think I need to switch it up.

Anyway, I'm not running over the winter. Time to switch to skiing and indoor gym workouts as soon as the sidewalks get icy. I'll see how I feel in the spring.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, you're a runner. I spent my summer primarily cycling but now I'm ramping the running back up. I really like winter running! Next year I'm signing up for my run club's full plan and will likely do a couple of half marathons as I really like that distance.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Me, too! I started C25K in August. I had a few issues with muscle cramps (due to some adhesions in my calves), so it's taking me a while to work through the whole C25K program. I'm repeating weeks in order to build up my stamina and strength.

We did a 5 mile race last weekend...yes, 5 miles, not 5K. I ran about 2 of 5 miles, in small bits. It was hard, but hey, I achieved my goal which was to finish the course.

Back on the track today...and putting some winter running tights and a reflective jacket on my Christmas list!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats!!! It took me 3 years of C25K and 10KT (battling a host of injuries) to finally get up the nerve to do a 5K. It was a really cool night time fun run, on a super hilly golf course and I actually jogged more than I walked. After I finished, several experienced runners said it was the most difficult 5K they had ever done. Oops! That feeling you get when you cross the finish line that first time is priceless!!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats! I call you a runner. I .. am not ;-) (not yet?)

I am not a runner, I am skier who runs sometimes practicing the galloway walk/run technique. Still remember that feeling of crossing over the finish line after my first 5k. Rounded the corner near the finish line, people were cheering and eye of the tiger by survivor was playing. Totally hokey but it was very empowering. Feels like yesterday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly