• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I gave up my ski pass for 20-21

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't believe it, but I gave up my Killington pass today for a full refund. With travel restrictions and quarantine requirements, it doesn't make sense for a day-tripper to have a pass in Vermont while living in another state. Killington has stopped selling their Express Cards (discount card for individual day tickets), so that is not an option if Covid restrictions are lifted in the future.

Gore/Whiteface is still an option, but they are NY State owned properties. With a stroke of the governor's pen, the season could end. I'll buy an Empire Card, the NY version of the discounted day ticket. If I can ski just 3 days, it pays for itself.

What's your plan?

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
This is the first year in a long time that I did not buy an Epic pass. I live in Michigan and do not plan on travelling out West this year, so the cost of the pass is not worth it. I was looking into some passes locally, but with all the uncertainty I decided to just go with day tickets this year. Definitely a different year for me.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
We are very glad we did not get a season pass for Snowshoe in WV. Had planned to do day passes in PA but that's up in the air now. I figure it's a good year to focus on quality over quantity and skills building.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I deferred my IKON Pass to 21/22 and have yet to buy a local Epic for my "localish" PA resorts - it depends on how many weekdays I think I'll be able to ski mornings and work afternoons. I have my usual season pass for Massanutten, my home hill.

Tvan

Angel Diva
No passes to anywhere this year. We are not planning to ski this season.

newboots

Angel Diva
I have an Epic midweek Northeastern pass, which I can use at Hunter Mountain. If we ever get to travel I’ll take it to Okemo!

I also have an Empire card And plans to ski with some New Yorkers! I’ve been thinking of getting a pass at little Thunder Ridge (Paterson, NY), which is just a half hour and I might be able to put my granddaughter on skis. She won’t last for a longer ride to Hunter and back. All my skiing will be midweek. If we can ski.

Soujan

Angel Diva
I plan to defer my Ikon pass as well. With travel restrictions and the likelihood of resorts shutting down for the season, it doesn't make sense to not defer. If resorts in New York, I'll probably do a few day trips to Windham or a weekend at Gore.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad IKON is allowing deferment until April- I may just do that. I will wait and see. I cancelled my December trip West. Still hanging on hopes for a Jan/Feb trip West but doesn't look good.
I'd love to go back to mammoth in June! But maybe that will be included on the 2021-22 pass- if I defer?

For now I'll be satisfied that I have my NYS Gore/Whiteface/Bellayre pass, Gore's only an hour from my house, I grew up there, know the mt well, last winter was nice to go ski mornings and be able to go back and do some work in the afternoon. My local Bump Royal Mt is going to be open for 3 day weekends and holidays. Lapland Lake XC is 10minutes from my house so I can go there and I can make snowshoe trails on my property. I'll make the best of it (begrudgingly)

Safe rather than dead is my motto for this winter.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I plan to defer my Ikon pass. Since we have until April to do so, there is no sense of urgency, but I have no plans to travel west this year at all and that is what I buy it for mostly with some VT days thrown in too. Instead I bought a weekday pass to Wachusett and will ski exclusively in MA this year.

RJ*

Angel Diva
Didn’t buy the Ikon pass this year. I’m moving to New Mexico in a few weeks and was excited about finally getting to ski more than 15 days a season. Unfortunately the situation with hospital capacity is pretty dire and we’re already in a full lockdown.
I did get some cheap day passes at Sipapu and a weekday discount card for Ski Santa Fe just in case. Hoping things get better but I’m totally ok with waiting until next year to ski again.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We just requested a refund for our Taos Unlimited pass. We have decided to sit this season out. As much as I love skiing, it is not worth the risk. I know I will be vigilant but I cannot expect, nor do I trust others to do the same. There will be plenty of opportunities to enjoy life if we can survive this.
The only thing I am out is the cost of seasonal lockers ($1400). They said they won’t refund since it will hold my lockers until next year. I never picked up my skis from March so I guess I will just keep everything in there for now.

MissySki

Angel Diva
We just requested a refund for our Taos Unlimited pass. We have decided to sit this season out. As much as I love skiing, it is not worth the risk. I know I will be vigilant but I cannot expect, nor do I trust others to do the same. There will be plenty of opportunities to enjoy life if we can survive this.
The only thing I am out is the cost of seasonal lockers ($1400). They said they won’t refund since it will hold my lockers until next year. I never picked up my skis from March so I guess I will just keep everything in there for now.

A seasonal locker is $1400 for one season??? Wow. I think it’s a few hundred at Sunday River where I ski.

RJ*

Angel Diva
I was very tempted to get the unlimited pass at Taos. The price for the lockers though... that’s insane.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A seasonal locker is $1400 for one season??? Wow. I think it’s a few hundred at Sunday River where I ski.
It’s $800 each and I have 2. Took 3 years of waitlist to get them and TSV said if I don’t renew, I will have to get back in line next year. The indoor locker is valet only this year and they only allow skis and not personal items, so they discounted it by $200. The only way they will give a full refund is if the ski valley doesn’t open. At the rate covid is taking over, they may not open in 2020...

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
I have an epic pass and i was thinking about getting a refund as i think they will close at some point.. but changed my mind and decided to get as many early days as i can and if it closes it closes.. reserved four for next week already.

Reactions: RJ*

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965