• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I did it again. Yikes.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:help:

I've officially entered the land of the crazy, as if I wasn't already there. Thanks to my extreme susceptibility to peer pressure :p, I signed up today for the Arizona Rock n' Roll marathon. January 17. Yeah, that's 12 weeks from today. :faint:

Part of my rationale (vs. holding out for a late spring race) was that at least this way, I get it out of the way, and I still have February through April to enjoy ski season without worrying about long runs every weekend, right?! :becky:

abc

Banned
All kind of craziness have good company. I've just send it the check for a ses kayaking clinic in San Francisco in Feburary! I mean, kayaking vacation in the middle of skiing season? :eek:

Such priorities... well, maybe I'll combine it with a bit of skiing at Tahoe!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bah! You're not crazy! You're awesome!!!! You're going to do great! :thumbsup:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going to say it...... U R NutZ!

But you rock!
Have fun!!!!

skipink

Certified Ski Diva
Good for you. 12 weeks is plenty of time to train but doing it during ski season is no fun. That's why I'm doing my half marathon December 5th. Last year I ran the same race, then left and drove 2 hours to the slopes and skied all afternoon and again the next day!
I was really tired but it was actually good to do something different to stretch out.

Good luck!

jelenad

Certified Ski Diva
After the marathon, you will be in such great shape for the ski season :-). I am talking from my own experience...

I just realized this is an old thread... did you do it?

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All kind of craziness have good company. I've just send it the check for a ses kayaking clinic in San Francisco in Feburaryeek:

I came home from scuba diving in the Caribbean and was so hot to trot that I signed up for my Rescue Diver course . . . in Maryland . . . in a quarry . . . in November! Kayaking in February in San Francisco is surely as nutty as that was!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After the marathon, you will be in such great shape for the ski season :-). I am talking from my own experience...

I just realized this is an old thread... did you do it?

Indeed I did. And promptly signed up for another one that October. Also a couple of half-ironmans since. :becky:

Next marathon: NYC 2012! :thumbsup:

jelenad

Certified Ski Diva
Indeed I did. And promptly signed up for another one that October. Also a couple of half-ironmans since. :becky:

Next marathon: NYC 2012! :thumbsup:

The NYC marathin is the best!!! I have done it 3 times. The support is just amazing. If you put your name on your t-shirt, you will get a loooot of personalized support!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna