• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I am sooooo tempted.....

Jilly

Staff member
I don't know. Need to buy about a dozen pairs of gloves....I started skiing with rope tows to know all about the issues with them.

Great idea if you've got the space though.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Lol this is cool, but I’d need to have a much longer yard to warrant that expense! My current space is just fine for hiking back up in between a few turns.. extra cardio is never a bad thing. :rotf:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a somewhat crazed friend who lives in Rhode Island. He used to teach at Cannon. And he is well into his 70s and generally takes off by himself on his sailboat for a two month tour somewhere or another! Anyway, he has had a snow making machine at his house for years! And there have been more than a few Christmases where he has made snow at his house. Not enough elevation to ski but a whole lot of fun!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have a somewhat crazed friend who lives in Rhode Island. He used to teach at Cannon. And he is well into his 70s and generally takes off by himself on his sailboat for a two month tour somewhere or another! Anyway, he has had a snow making machine at his house for years! And there have been more than a few Christmases where he has made snow at his house. Not enough elevation to ski but a whole lot of fun!

That’s awesome!!

Tvan

Angel Diva
Dang. Our new property in VT is flat. ;)

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It would have to be a big enough hill to justify the trouble. But it's interesting to consider.

A pair of skins and AT bindings would be a better investment---and have the benefit of fitness. Just my take.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It would have to be a big enough hill to justify the trouble. But it's interesting to consider.

A pair of skins and AT bindings would be a better investment---and have the benefit of fitness. Just my take.

Agree! Having skins is great; you get in a good workout and then get to ski when you're done!
I also did some fun backyard goofing-around this winter on a snowboard. I taught myself how to use it with very small (sometimes embarrassing) baby steps. It was fun and good exercise; a good excuse to get outside when a whole day of skiing wasn't feasible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly