• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I <3 My Boot Gloves

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My favorite part of my home mountain is serviced by an ancient fixed-grip that everyone refers to as "Quadzilla". This lift serves the summit, and the lift towers are high so the trees don't block the wind, and it runs slower than molasses in January. After doing laps in this area on Tuesday my toes were blocks of ice, and I broke down and bought a pair of Boot Gloves. Deployed them for the first time today (wind chills in the single digits), and I swear, I do not know why I waited this long to get them. They are WONDERFUL.

:tongue:

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I kinda dig mine, too :D I'm going to cut notches in them where the buckles are so I can release my buckles for the lift rides if I want to. That'll help keep the toes even happier!

BethL

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also love my boot gloves, but one broke today. :( The webbing that goes under the front of my boot was starting to break on one before today and then finally snapped just after lunch today. I'm hoping that I can get a new pair on Sat.

Jilly

Staff member
Yeah, that's the problem, that piece only last so long depending on where you're walking with them. We have pebbles through out the resort here, so it does a number on that piece of webbing and any custom soles you have on your boots! But I've found by the time that piece breaks there are other problems starting to crop up!

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I kinda dig mine, too :D I'm going to cut notches in them where the buckles are so I can release my buckles for the lift rides if I want to. That'll help keep the toes even happier!

What a great idea. That's the only regret I have about them, is not being able to unlatch the toe buckles.

Christy

Angel Diva
I want to rave about these too! It might be the best $30 I ever spend on ski stuff. My toes almost always get cold and my boots leak, but I just used these for the first time (4 days in a row) and they work great! No cold toes, just a little dampness.

newboots

Angel Diva
My annual appeal: Does anybody have one boot glove they want to sell?

Or buy?

(Lost one the first time out with them. I was so new I have no idea how much/whether they helped my feet stay warm.) :-(

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My favorite part of my home mountain is serviced by an ancient fixed-grip that everyone refers to as "Quadzilla".

Ha ha, we have a perfectly good high-speed quad that gets underused as people seem to prefer the six-pack chair. So I call it "Quadney Dangerfield." :becky:

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got new boots. Went skiing for the first time in them over New Years and nearly got frostbite (literally). They were compressing the tops of my toes and cutting off circulation. Got my liners stretched and invested in Columbia Omni heat socks and boot gloves and it made a WORLD of difference. Like, completely different experience. Happy feet.

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My annual appeal: Does anybody have one boot glove they want to sell?

Or buy?

(Lost one the first time out with them. I was so new I have no idea how much/whether they helped my feet stay warm.) :-(

You could do an experiment and ski only with the remaining boot glove. See how much better the gloves foot feels.

newboots

Angel Diva
You could do an experiment and ski only with the remaining boot glove. See how much better the gloves foot feels.

After reading this thread, I went ahead and ordered another pair!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly