• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hydration pack for short torso

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi ladies, I’m thinking of carrying a pack, something very small and maybe less than 1.5L water reservoir. I’m considering a youth size pack, but don’t think it would clasp at the bust. Anyone have a short torso pack ( shorter than 16”)?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hi ladies, I’m thinking of carrying a pack, something very small and maybe less than 1.5L water reservoir. I’m considering a youth size pack, but don’t think it would clasp at the bust. Anyone have a short torso pack ( shorter than 16”)?
Yep, Youth size doesn't work that well. We bought one for my daughter when she was younger. I didn't find it comfortable. As I remember, the small insulated Camelback I bought for myself for winter use fit fine. But I found I didn't like using it. Since I ski in-bounds, drinking at rest breaks works better.

I have a Nathan vest that works great but only use it while hiking or biking. Wouldn't work that well over ski jacket.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I have a small Camelback that works fine. I bought it at REI. I don't like stopping because I'm too lazy and just want to keep my skis on and not go inside, so I like to have water with me or I tend to not drink enough. At some resorts, I have to keep it on underneath my coat and it's small enough for that.

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually I ended up purchasing a Dolfin pack. It’s 1L reservoir will be smaller, and it’s made out of neoprene so great for kayaking and paddle boarding as well. I’ll try it under my jacket, see if water doesn’t freeze up, but their video shows it worn outside the jacket
thanks for inputs :smile:

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@floridakeysskibum the Dolfin pack is interesting. I understand the need for water surfing in the tropics but I don’t see it as being practical for surfing prone. Nonetheless it looks to be a very form fitting pack, and with the heat retention of neoprene may keep water from freezing.

I ended up getting this for my DD for xc skiing. For $29 and (maybe an extra coupon discount) it has so many features for a small pack. Gregory Maya 5L Backpack (For Women) At Sierra. It is more green than turquoise in the picture. It does have foam and probably a thin piece of plastic in the back so it is a bit stiffer than a pack without, but not annoying. I find some of the smaller hydration packs to be too inflexible and long for my torso. This is 1/2 inch longer than the discontinued dueter speed lite I use for lift serve - it’s 16.75

https://www.sierra.com/gregory-maya-5l-backpack-for-women~p~634cu/?filterString=backpacks-daypacks-and-hydration-packs~d~174/gregory~b~7155/specdataor~gender!women/

Soujan

Angel Diva
I'm 5'2" (5'3" on a good day) so I'm very limited when it comes to backpacks that fit me. My torso length is 15". My go to brand for packs is Gregory since they come on XS. Osprey and North Face won't fit my short torso. Camelbaks fit me fine. I have a Camelbak Charm 50 oz. that I use for cycling.

judeb

Certified Ski Diva
I'm 5'2" (5'3" on a good day) so I'm very limited when it comes to backpacks that fit me. My torso length is 15". My go to brand for packs is Gregory since they come on XS. Osprey and North Face won't fit my short torso. Camelbaks fit me fine. I have a Camelbak Charm 50 oz. that I use for cycling.
Second Gregory packs. I'm five feet even, and they're pretty much the only packs that fit. Even small and XS in other brands can be too big.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna